Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Friday 1 October 2010

The countdown has begun

  As promised here are a couple more of the samples I made for Sheena using her gorgeous new stamps. I am getting so excited as I am sure Sheena is too, as her debut show with her brand new range of products is now just over 12 hours away.

Again there is one from each style of stamps, but I will post the remainder of them tomorrow together with ‘the one that got away’

SHEENA 02.10.10 - Rooftops 1

I have to say this particular one is my favourite from the Bah Humbug designs that I did.

First I stamped the rooftops image from the Bah Humbug set onto pearlescent paper. Sadly the photograph doesn’t show the sheen here. I added the santa and sleigh silhouette stamp, which is the perfect size to be flying through the sky above the buildings. I then coloured it in and finally lined it up with some embossing folders – a combination of Papermania and Cuttlebug, so that it looked as if snow was blizzarding around the roofs.

I lined up the gaps on my Hougie Board and ran an embossing tool along the slight marks left by the edges of the various folders and accented them to look like the deep divisions were meant to be there.

I have to say this was difficult to stick down. I am not sure if it was because the area that the glue was sticking to was in effect debossed so was not making full contact with the card beneath, or if it was because I was sticking pearlescent paper onto stardream card, but I ended up having to spread out some glue gel thinly which finally seemed to stick it together.

The next one is another from the Wouldn’t It Be Lovely sheet. This time featuring the upmarket version of Eliza Doolittle, after Professor Higgins has been giving her lessons in elocution etc.

SHEENA 02.10.10 - MFL 2 Stand

This one I had a huge amount of fun with. A few years back I bought this card that had been cut to look like a jigsaw puzzle and I just had an idea to use it to stamp onto. First I coloured it with the Hydrangea Big N Juicy Pad and then I stamped the image onto it. I embossed it because it made the next step easier. I then bleached the image out , apart from the bows on her dress, so now she looked white against a coloured background. I did a few layers of UTEE on top. My word I made a mess of my craft room with that. My heat gun is the sort with only one speed and it blasted half melted utee crystals all across my table and into every nook and cranny. If you don’t possess a dual speed heat gun or one of the hairdryer types ones I recommend putting your image inside a box. Might save you a heap of mess!

Then I broke a couple of bits of the jigsaw off but couldn’t think what to do with it till it struck me….. the sentiment says it all, lol I did think I should break a few more pieces off but she is just too beautiful to break apart.

Don’t forget to tune into Create and Craft TV at 8am and 10am and you will get to see what Sheena has done herself with these lovely stamps.

I will be back tomorrow with the rest.

Butterfly 2 Signature Lin

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant cards nice you showed an example with Eliza! Heat from underneith stops emboss flying hun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow thats weird, you've done with one of Sheena's stamps that i have just done yesterday with one of Barbara Gray's new stamps that i am designing for !! might not send it now, lol.........lovely cards as always Lin xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this card on the show this morning and loved it. So many thanks for the details of how you made it.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. That card really caught my eye this morning, wondered how you'd done it! Great card.

    Ger x.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails