Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 18 October 2010

CCM 32 Use A Freebie

If you are like me, you keep all the freebies that come on your monthly magazines, intending to perhaps use them in the future, but you just have so much other gorgeous stash that needs to be used that the freebie pile grows ever bigger and bigger and never gets used. So this challenge was perfect to get me motivated into using some of it.CCM 32 Use A Freebie-

I had spotted the lovely papers I have used in Card Making and Papercraft and straight away they really spoke to me, but they got pulled out and filed, as usual. So when we were asked to create a project made from a freebie I went looking for these immediately.

I also had these little fairy stamps filed again from CMP. I noticed several comments on these fairies on various forums about the fact that they were pretty but ruined by their faces! Awwwww poor fairies!

I stamped this one onto centura pearl cardstock and embossed her in gold detail powder.

I coloured her in with a big n juicy inkpad, but used scattered straw DI for her wings and spun sugar DI for her skin.

Sadly the only freebie flowers I had were not nice enough for this, and/or the wrong colours so I did use flowers from my stash, but the ribbons came wrapped round some chocolates I had been given a couple of years back. I am STILL trying to work out how to incorporate lush brown ribbon with the logo ‘Lily O’Brien’ on it into a project! LOL

Don’t forget to pop on over to Crafty Cardmakers and join in with the challenge. The prize this fortnight is a couple of gorgeous Crafty Individual paper packs. Whilst you are there, the Fancy Folds spotlight is still running for another week, so why not have fun with that, or maybe you can incorporate both ideas into one project?

And don’t forget your remit is to use a FREEBIE, that means something that came free with something, ie, magazine etc. NOT a gift someone else gave you! The idea is to get you using up your stash of free goodies that come with your monthly magazines and the like.

I am looking forward to checking out your entries and seeing how inventive you all are.

Butterfly 2 Signature Lin

7 comments:

  1. Lovely card Lin I have those papers too and like yourself rarely use them for one reason or another but these go really well with the little fairy
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lin

    Fantastic use of freebies, I'm the same as you file them away - my problem is I've forgotten where!!!! Perhaps a proper filing system would help - proper craft room too!

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those papers really are gorgeous!

    Fabulous card and a lovely layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lin
    This is just fab so love it! I agree tho, never remember where I put any free stuff, until your not looking for it!
    Hugs Melly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great freebies....so creative! Such an inspiration to be more creative myself! TY

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Lin. Although I must admit she does look a bit sulky, lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Lin, thanks for the DT inspiration, I need that nesti now, it's gorgeous.....

    Hope your well, I watched the show on create and craft and was whooping for you....

    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails