Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Sunday 3 October 2010

Final Sheena samples – Wouldn’t It Be Lovely

All the while I was making these I was singing the tunes from My Fair Lady. Naughty Sheena, now I can’t get the tunes out of my head.

This was made with the gorgeous little flower cart stamp, which I stamped out with Hydrangea Big N Juicy ink, and then coloured in with the same inkpad. I trimmed out a nestie from pink mirri card and cut an apeture in the centre with another nestie so that the cart would peek through. Nice idea, nightmare to workout. As you can see at four points on the resultant frame there is very little card between the frame and the eyelet holes punched by the first nestie shape. Also the image needed to be trimmed so it wouldn’t show in the holes, and I had to do it twice cos I cut the first one too small and there was a gap between the image and the frame. DUH!

SHEENA 02.10.10 - Flowers 1 Stand

The corners are filigree metal shapes. Again nice idea, nightmare to stick down as there is nothing to put the glue on!

This is my spinner card. Front view of the spinner:-

SHEENA 02.10.10 - MFL Front

and back view

SHEENA 02.10.10 - MFL Back

You need quite strong cardstock to support the spinner, I had to reinforce mine with strips of card glued to the inside as I only had a lightweight card in mauve.

The image was stamped onto that lovely watercolour card that Sheena was demonstrating on Create and Craft TV yesterday, and coloured with distress ink. The back of the spinner was the same card as the base. The spinner itself is glued either side of a kebab skewer, which I coloured with DIs and then inserted in the spine of the card and supported either side by foam pads, which forms a gap for the skewer to spin in. Remember to snip the pointy bit of the skewer off!

The next one I stamped the large violet corner in opposite corners and coloured them in with promarkers. I then stamped the gossiping heads but I snipped off the lady on the far right to leave a couple, as I wanted to make a wedding card. I coloured them in with DIs and put them on 3d Foam. I trimmed the mat up with a MS PAP and edged the pansies/violets which were punched out with DIs. The sentiment I made on my pc.

SHEENA 02.10.10 - Heads 2 Stand

The next card uses the Eliza Doolittle stamp itself. This is a lovely large stamp with lots going on. I stamped her onto watercolour card and coloured her in with a combination of distress inks and big n juicy inks. She is matted onto Basic Grey papers, with some prima and wild orchid flowers from my stash and some ribbons from my stash.

SHEENA 02.10.10 - Liza 1 Stand

This card is the posh version of Ms Doolittle, all done up in her Sunday Best. I have coloured her with promarkers and layered here and some prima flowers a couple of scrolls and some gems onto a doily. I do love the look of a doily on a card, but it’s difficult to find the small ones.

SHEENA 02.10.10 - MFL 1

The final couple begin with the One that Got Away!

The One That Didn't Make It

I actually started with this card, but I didn’t have a strong enough base card and while I was waiting for it to arrive I photographed what I intended to do. When it came time to assemble the card I decided I didn’t like the bright orange I had coloured her in with, so stamped up a different image with Big N Juicy Spice and then coloured with the same ink. I gave her a spritz over with some Touch Of Mica in gold.

SHEENA 02.10.10 - Liza 2 Stand 1

The BP I made myself by stamping different scrolls with the same ink and embossing them and distressing the edge and embossing that too. The bit of shimmery card at the side came off of the card I made for last week’s CCM challenge when I trimmed it up. The ribbon came off of a skirt of mine that had seen better days and was heading for the rag bag when I decided to remove all the lovely lace inserts from it. It was originally pink and I coloured it with ink to match. Now that I am looking at it I wish I had spritzed the flowers with the mica mist too as I think they are a little plain.

I was much happier with the final card, what do you think?

Hopefully there are some new stamps winging their way to me for Sheena’s next couple of shows on Create and Craft TV on 13th October. So make sure you keep it in your diary as I am sure you will love the stamps she has planned for that show.

Butterfly 2 Signature Lin

9 comments:

  1. oh wow wow these really are amazing creations love the ribbon how you have threaded it through the holes,and also love the spinner,great designs on all of them hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say apart from stunning all of them. I love the spinner one. You are very talented.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lin, its ben an absolute joy to look through all your fantastic card sample's made for Sheena's new stamps, looking forward to the 13th now to see what other delights you have instore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my you have been working so hard Lin! Hard to pick a fave they are all fabulous!
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow Lin, you have created such an amazing cards. Everyone is just so special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an amazing array of gorgeous artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG these are all fabulous - no way could I pick out my favoutrite so I will just say THEM ALL! You have really gone to town with Sheena's stamps and made the bestest job of them. You must be so proud of the outcome Lin. Enjoy the others when they come too! Sheila:)X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy Cow, you have been one busy girl biting your tongue with the exciting news then creating all these pieces of eye candy!! I LVOE LOVE LOVE THe Merry Christmas one at the bottom of all these posts with the picture of the buildings and a lane of sorts! Gorgeous !! and that puzzle piece card is totally totally TDF!!!! Spectacular creations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think these are just absolutely gorgeous, and OMG this is another set of stamps I need, lol. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails