Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Friday 15 October 2010

Sneaky Peek a la Sheena

Here is my first sneaky peek from the new 'A Little Bit Sketchy' stamps from Sheena Douglass. I was lucky enough to be sent these gorgeous new stamps and my mission was to have a play and see what I could come up with. It's a hard life!!! LOL

I should have started posting these yesterday but real life sort of poked it's nose in and I have been unable to get to the pc properly before now. So here I am a day late with my first card. In fact I am posting two different cards with the same stamp, so that I can catch up with where I should have been today.



The first card I have turned into a christmas card by stamping the lovely cottages stamp and then embossing it with the Sheena Wow Platinum Sparkle Embossing powder. The card isn't crooked by the way, that's my photography! Sadly by the time I had these ready to photograph the light was dreadful and it has not picked out the gorgeous sparkly nature of the image. 

The next card using the same stamp I turned into a late afternoon scene with with the sun just starting to sink over the horizon and the sky one of those lush golden late afternoon skies of early Autumn. I stamped this on watercolour card and in this case I deliberately aimed for a more watercoloured look, soft and light. You can clearly see from the previous card though that this stamp is beautifully detailed. The sentiment is included in this set, and I hoped it fit the bill here, as this is one of those moments that your heart takes a picture to savour on days when there is no colour in the world and the skies are grey. Just call me an old romantic!

I gave the image and the sentiment a spray with the Crafters Companion spray and sparkle in gold which gave it a lovely shimmer.

Hopefully I should be back tomorrow with another sneaky peek from a different stamp set.

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous cards Lin - the Autumn one is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really fantastic ideas, love both but like how they work with a watercolour quality best.
    Lee
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lin,

    Gorgalicious cards! Both of these are awesome.

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are fabulous Lin. I love both of them but especially like the soft dreamy quality of the 2nd watercoloured card. Looking forward to seeing your next selection
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards - I like them both, but the first one is so classy, it's gorgeous :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. More stunning cards they are both superb.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails