Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Saturday 23 October 2010

The last of the samples from Sheena’s last show

Sorry folks. Meant to blog these last week, but I have been taking advantage of awaiting some supplies for a CCM project and a lull in things to do by redesigning my blog? What do you think??? I am really pleased with it. The backgrounds were all designed for me by a friend in Italy who I believe will be setting up in business as a blog designer. Mine is the first blog she has designed for and I am both thrilled and flattered that I get to try out her first one. I am loving my new look, very purple, very me.

I shall be putting links to her design blog once she is up and running.

So now back to the samples.

Leaves 1

This first one was shown on the show on Tuesday. Using Sheena’s own embossing powders I randomly stamped a background of the oak leaf (I think?) and the other one….. sorry but nature is not my strong point, lol I then stamped four of the leaves onto acetate and using double sided adhesive film applied gilding flakes to the backs. I thought the effect was quite good until Sheena blew me away with that gorgeous sample she did with mica powders on acetate!

The next one also came from the leaf plate and I coloured them with distress inks to give an autumnal feel. I love the sentiment here as autumn leaves really are as beautiful as a lot of summer flowers, with all the range and shades of great reds, russets and golds. Again this is stamped and embossed with the Wow powders, this time in gold sparkle.

The BP is also basic grey but not the stella ruby, although the stripes do look similar lol. There is a mat beneath the image layer which I embossed onto shimmer red paper.

Autumn Flat

The next one is from the branches set and I coloured it up to look like cherry blossom using DIs, and dotted some flowers that I cut from some lace ribbon and also added some cherry blossoms from Wild Orchid Crafts. The papers are again Basic Grey and the background has been overstamped with the flourishes plate which was with the second set of three stamps on C&C.

Blossom Flat

The final sample comes from the poppy plate again. As soon as I saw the stamp I thought of the gorgeous K&Co Blue Poppy papers and decided to go with blue. I stamped it and embossed it with the Black Glint and have colured it in with cosmic shimmers. Depending on how the light catches it the flowers go from blue to a gorgeous green. I edged the image with lace and turned it into an easel with the beautiful sentiment and a couple of flowers on the lower layer.  Again this one was aired but didn’t get opened up fully which was a shame as the sentiment is lovely.Blue Poppies Full

Assuming I can get my errant printer to behave itself, which is sadly looking unlikely at the moment, please check back on Monday to see the latest CCM challenge. We have a great Guest Designer at CCM for Monday’s spot, someone whose colouring is top notch and her eye for detail is fantastic.

Butterfly 2 Signature Lin

3 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful so had to get the other four stamp plates now!
    Lee
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow such a beautiful and elegant cards.
    Your blog look very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic samples hunny, I think the blue one is my fav :D
    Are you a bit less nervous now?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails