Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Tuesday 5 October 2010

CCM Challenge 31 – Step Away from the Square

Oh dear apologies for posting this a day late. For some strange reason I convinced myself all day yesterday that it was Sunday! I do hope my marbles are not heading out the door.

You need to go over to Crafty Cardmakers and click on the links to my teamies’ blogs. There are some absolutely gorgeous creations on there!

So, as the title suggests, the challenge is to make something other than a square card. My shape of preference is square. I just find it aesthetically pleasing so seem to be drawn to it most times when I have a project in mind. But on this occasion with the challenge in mind I suddenly had a spark. I had initially thought to make a shaped easel and then it came to me to made a card linked like a book instead. If I had had my thinking head on I should have realised that three curved bottoms would struggle to stand up and I should have trimmed them all off a bit at the bottoms so that they had a flat surface, but by the time I worked that one out I had stuck all the embellishments etc on!CCM 04.10.10 Main No WMUsing the nestie labels 10 set I cut three large shapes in plain card and then six sheets of K&Co Sparkly Sweet paper to cover them with.  CCM 04.10.10 - 1

I have also shown it laid out flat as the light is better on that one.

I stamped up a couple of the new Kanban stamps of Betsie Bob and coloured her in with promarkers and then trimmed her out. I used various embellishments from my stash to decorate the shapes with, and the centre one has a butterfly decoupaged on top so that it flutters, or it would if I hadn’t misfired the glue. Good job I only made this for a challenge and not to send to someone, LMAO

Here is a close up of each section

CCM 04.10.10 - Left  CCM 04.10.10 Middle CCM 04.10.10 - Right

Note to self ‘I must concentrate more and try harder!’

We are sponsored this week by image who is offering a £10 voucher for use in her store. As we all know Joanna doesn’t charge postage so that £10 will go a long way.

So come along ladies and gents and join in the fun – I look forward to popping round to your blogs.

Butterfly 2 Signature Lin

3 comments:

  1. Oh Lin, this is just stunning. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous, Lin. So unusual too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab project Lin! Love the ovals and the way you'vedecorated them.
    Hugs
    Ei
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails