Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Tuesday 1 June 2010

Similar Challenges, different card




So here we go with some similar challenges but a different card! Again I used the 'no designer paper' theme of Cute Card Thursday this time with some paper I made myself. Firstly I used distressed inks to create a blue/green background which I then laid swirl masks over. I then went over the top of the masks with more distressed inks in wild honey and scattered straw leaving the original bluey green showing through where the masks had been. I also dripped some water on to move the ink around in some places.

This also, hopefully, meets the
Oh, Alice! criteria of swirls again. I certainly got messy creating these ones.

The third challenge I have entered twice is DP2 Challenge - Mo's again with a babies theme, and again I combined more than one image. I used Lacie with Ice cream which I flipped so she was facing towards the second image which is Kai in flower hat. They both look to be enjoying a lovely sunny summer's day which leads me to the next challenge of 'summer delights' from Cupcake Craft Challenges. The idea was to create a project showing what summer means to you. For me summers in my youth were endless, and although I only have a sister, she and I would sit in the garden soaking up the sun playing in the sandpit and licking down lollies. Whenever the sun is on my face it transports me back to those long, lazy days of my youth.

Creative Inspirations wanted distressing on the project, so the edges of my hand made paper and the mat are torn and distressed. It got a little more distressed than I intended when the image got stuck to the mat (also hand designed with inks) in the wrong spot and I had to prize it free to reposition it, so it distressed the mat with a large chunk of surface paper torn off! LOL

My final challenge for this card is Buttons and Blooms from
Secret Crafter. Whilst you are over there be sure and click on the blog header to refresh so you can look at the gorgeous new stamps she is showing. If you like Manga I am sure you will love these.

~ Lin ~

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft with such a delightful card ! Love the soft colours and the images are really sweet ! Thank you for sharing your memories too ! Good luck ! Smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! I love those two images together~Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute combination of images! Thanks for taking part in Mo's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like how you merged these TWO baby images....Great job! Thanks for joining @ Mo's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and fab use of buttons and blooms for this weeks challenge! Thanks for joining in the fun at SCSC :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous work, it has a lovely summery feel. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails