Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Tuesday 1 June 2010

A new way of looking at Veggies


I have entered a couple of challenges more than once, with two cards with similar ideas. The first one is for

DP2 Challenge - Mo's which was to celebrate babies. I liked the idea of adding more than one of her gorgeous images together so I have put three of the 'Two' series of babies/toddlers on the same image because they epitomised a later challenge, which I will get to in a minute - all will be revealed, at least in my head it will!

The second concept on the card was not to use any designer papers, so I made my own! Or rather, I stamped directly onto a plain white card and used this as the background. This was required by Cute Card Thursday.

Oh, Alice! wanted swirls, which are all over the back of my 'make it yourself' paper and I did them in colours which I hope tone in with the image colouring

The final part of this card's challenge was for the Pile It On challenge blog which have 'Eat your veggies' as their theme and they have asked if you are going 'a bit out there' to explain. I only have one image, I think, that contains veggies and I really enjoyed their challenge last week so I put my thinking cap on and pondered what I could come up with, which is where Mo's badly behaved twos come into it. I have them all having a tantrum because Mummy said 'eat your veggies or you won't get any dessert' and being very badly behaved they are sulking, screaming and stomping because they hate veggies and want their puddings NOW!.

The card is a lot plainer than my normal style, but the image took up a large area of the card and it looked better, I thought, without too much on it.

The image was coloured with promarkers, the mat is punched with MS punches and the flowers are a combination of various paper petals put together to match the colour scheme.

~ Lin ~

9 comments:

  1. What a scream-fest you've created! Very cute card! Thanks for joining us in Mo's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwaaa ha ha ha...LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahaha! Havent we all had days like this!?
    What a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG gorgeous card! I have the same reaction of the kids, LOL!
    Thank you for playing with us at Pile it on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You picked perfect images to blend together in this card.. it's so cute and the coloring is perfect. Thanks for playing along with us at Mo's challenge this week. Hugs, Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a unique take on the veggies thing...but so on the money! Thanks for joining us at Pile It On this week :-) Melin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - this is too adorable! Great card. Thanks for playing along with Pile It On! We really appreciate your support. Can't wait to see what you come up with next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol...a fabulous card and great take on the 'veggie' theme :0)
    Thank you for joining in with Mo's challenge this week x
    **Nip and take a peek at this weeks theme at Mo's ...it might interest you as you've done so well with this one!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job!!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Pile it on!. We appreciate your participation and support. :-) Hope to see you again next week!

    Neli
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails