Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Friday 18 June 2010

Crafty Catz Design Team Samples and a few challenges - 3

My third and final Crafty Catz design team card that I have entered for some challenges, well for now anyhow! ;-) This one I have only entered for two challenges.

This first one is for the Colour Create Challenge Blog - Mad as Hatters theme.
They wanted you to use a white card and pick two colours from the fantastic Johnny Depp picture shown here, plus an optional extra of something from within that picture.

I chose the sort of orangey colour which makes up the hatters hat band and the yellow in the far outside tips of his bow tie. I also chose to represent the lace on his cuffs with a strip of glittered card made into a lace ribbon with a MS punch. The main colours are best shown on the sheet of DCWV shimmer card I used as the main background and the butterfly's colouring.

The second challenge I am entering with this is the Cuttlebog Spot, their challenge is to use embossing somewhere on your project, and they very generously stipulate that you do not need to use the bug to do so, so I used my bigshot and BS texture plate of happy birthday. The mat under the card ribbon is also embossed with butterflies but they got lost under the ribbon!

The butterfly was stamped onto white cardstock which I tinged with distress inks around the edge and it was coloured with my promarkers. I finished it off with a few orange gems down the butterfly's body to give it some dimension and just because I love all things shiney.

~ Lin ~

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lin,
    I saw your comment in the Stampavie blog.
    I think your cards are unique and you have own style, that's very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lin,

    What a beautiful card! I love the butterfly especially the gems on the body! Your glittered lace matches perfectly too.

    Thanks for joining the Colour Create Challenge this fortnight.

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous lobe your embossing and the use of colours your butterfly is lovely too!
    Thanks for joining Colour Create !
    Hugs Di xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails