Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Friday 18 June 2010

Crafty Catz Design Team Samples and a few challenges - 2


Another of my DT cards for Crafty Catz using her Dreamy Butterflies stamp sheet.

This one I am entering for the Challenge Up Your Life critter cratter and bling challenge, again, sorry, lol

I am also entering this one again for the Lexi's Creations - Something Old Challenge - the gilding flakes on the back of the butterflies I have had since Adam was a lad.

And Finally again, sorry Charisma Cardz Challenge - All About Bling - which I shall explain in a minute.


I had a great deal of fun with this card and copied a technique I saw just this week on Create and Craft TV. I think it was a show I recorded.

Anyhow the 'layered arches' mat was made by using cut n dry foam and splodging on randomly 4 different colours of Ranger Distress Inks. As this ink has a long open time it enables all sorts of lovely tricks. I then covered it completely in a gold coloured cosmic shimmer mica powder. Then I inked up the buttefly with a versamark inkpad and stamped it across the sheet. This had the effect of lifting the mica and leaving a buttefly image which was still sticky. To these butterflies I added a different mica colour in a sort of mauve shade. Then I cut it into a mat using the layered arches.


The background card has corners stamped from sort of wing flourishes also on the Dreamy Butterflies stamp sheet.
Finally the top butterflies were stamped onto acetate which I hade made self adhesive as explained in my earlier post below this one, and then they were cut out and gilded. I stuck them down on the mat and added black gems to their bodies to give them a bit of added depth.

Sadly the photograph doesn't pick up the lovely way that this shimmers with the mica powders so I hope it still meets the 'bling' criteria! ~ Lin ~

3 comments:

  1. this is lovely thanks for joining us at lexis this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, love the contrast of the dark butterflies against the pastel background :)

    Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations & Good Luck!

    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful card! Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails