Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Friday 18 June 2010

Crafty Catz Design Team Samples and a few challenges - 1


Pamela from Crafty Catz sent me some gorgeous stamps and I have been beavering away making samples on her behalf for shows on Create and Craft TV. Of course, being me, how could I not enter a few challenges along the way.

The first four cards have all been made using her gorgeous new Dreamy Butterflies stamp sheet.

This one I am entering for the Challenge Up Your Life current challenge of Critter Cratters and Bling....... what a wonderful expression, Critter Cratters. I hope they consider butterflies to be critter cratters!


Also I am entering it in the By The Cute and Girly Challenge as it meets their criteria of old, new, borrowed, and blue, the new in this case being the stamps, and the MS layered arches punches which were used to make the background mat, it also meets the old criteria as the back mat with the little butterflies on it I bought at Newbury Stamp Show about 5 years ago. I remember I just had to have it, and shared a pack with a friend, I doubt if I have used more than three sheets from that pack!


Lexi's Creations have a theme of something old, and as I explained above the glitter sheet at the back of the card is very old.


Finally I am entering it into the Charisma Cardz Challenge, which is All About Bling.


The card was made with some lemon coloured 12x12 card sliced in half and folded down to a 6" square card, onto which went my lovely old glitter card from Newbury, the next layer is also glitter card from QVC I believe, it has a sort of cloud pattern on it and from that I made the layered arches mat. The next layer was a bodge it job. I didn't have any self adhesive acetate so I made my own. I stuck a sheet of acetate to a double sized adhesive sheet and on to that I stamped the butterfly in black stazon. I gradually peeled the backing of and added diagonal stripes of glitter in different colours.
I love the flourishes within the wings of the butterfly, and throughly enjoyed using it.

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous card,love the way you have used the glitter and the stamps are stunning,thanks for joining us at lexis creations and good luck in the challenges
    lalkygirl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous is this, great technique and love the colours. Thanks for sharing at BTC&G this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo stunning card, love the glitz and image. Thanks for joining us over on BTC&G./ nnalorac.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. As the others have said, great technique and stunning card.

    ** kate **

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails