Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 17 January 2011

Two more ‘Sheenas’

Here are a couple more of the samples I made for Sheena Douglass to showcase her newest stamps in the Little Bit Sketchy range.

Busy Doing Nothing B&JInk 1 WM

The first one is using the little girl from the Busy Doing Nothing set of stamps. I have coloured her in with Big N Juicy Inks from the Hydrangea Inkpad, which I also used to edge the scalloped card base which was originally white.

This one is quite simple with just a bit of glittery matting, a flower embellishment and the lovely jar of flowers which I trimmed up to show how easy a stamp it is to cut around. I used a little glossy accents on the water line in the jar, but that sadly is not showing up too well on the photo. It shows up a little better in the pic below.

Busy Doing Nothing B&JInk 1 Flowers

The final card is one that was shown on both the 12 noon and 3pm shows. I wasn’t able to properly hear the 3pm show as sadly I do not have Sky or Freesat so was watching online, but the lovely Nigel May picked up the card and read the back to see who had made it and said it was made by Linda Lyras! Sheena looked a little bemused before she realised, I think, that he had read out my Christian name and the method I had used to colour the images in with. Bless him, he was giggling when he realised that he had named me after some watercolour sticks!

Busy and Time 1 Lyras WM

Anyhow, as my new name suggests the images were coloured with Lyra Aquacolours, having first been stamped onto watercolour card with black archival ink. I stamped the sentiment from the stamp plate with the little boy and girl and the dandelion clocks from the Time Flies sheet, so there was a little bit of all the new stamps in this card.

I made the scrolls and flowers using various Marianne dies, and it was matted onto some dark red card and some card from the DCWV Old World Stack. A decorative punch in the corner and a couple of dragonfly brads finished it off. This was a lovely big card, a little similar to the one I made for my Daughter’s birthday last Wednesday, but this was slightly smaller at 10” wide. Sheena was spot on though. If you wanted to make something nice and large to hang on the wall, or has been suggested I think on Craft Telly to make a plaque or portrait for a nursery these stamps would be absolutely ideal. I do have another idea which I might try and get done in the week if I have time.

Butterfly 2 Signature Lin 

 

 

da Lyras!

 

PS Check back later for the Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight

2 comments:

  1. Yes I heard your new name too, made me giggle!!! Your cards are lovely once again, and it was lovely to see them on the shows. I have placed my order so now have to just wait patiently (not - lol) for them to arrive. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lin I brought these stamps on Saturday when I saw them on C&C can't wait to get them and play I also brought some aqua markers as Sheena made them look so easy to use ha til I get them love your cards with the images they're so cute
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails