Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Thursday 13 January 2011

Sheena Sneaky Peek Number 4

This is another from the Time Flies sheet, this time using most of the stamps.

Time Flies 2 Lyras WM

I swear when I coloured these images the skintones looked better than they are doing in my photos, but as they should by now be with Sheena I can’t check. But they definitely had shading, which doesn’t appear to be showing up here. Or maybe the dull fairy came and wiped it out when I wasn’t looking, lol

Anyhow this little one is coloured with lyra acquacolours, as is the dandelion which I cut out to make a cute embellishment. The bottle, jar of flowers and this dandelion are three really useful sized embellishment stamps for filling up those corners. You know the ones, those we hate to leave blank and scrabble around for something to put there. Well with Sheena’s latest designs she has cracked it!

The paper is from Basic Grey’s Marjolaine pad, and the second I saw it, it reminded me of dandelions, and if felt like the perfect sheet for this design.

The image is sitting on a nestie pendant shape and there is such an embarrassing tale to tell with this. Having trimmed myself out the dark blue nestie shape and also one in the light blue which is behind it, to see which I preferred, and having decided in fact I liked the dark blue against the lighter blue as a background I then spent well over an hour trying to fit the dark blue nestie into the cutout of the light blue nestie. Of course, I hadn’t cut it central to the paper so it meant trimming and adjusting and trimming some more to make an acceptable mat so it wouldn’t be all skewhiff. Didn’t matter what I did, it just didn’t look right, and then it hit me. Numpty Linda. Cut a square of light blue paper and just lay the dark blue nestie shape on the top instead of trying to assemble it like a ruddy jigsaw. Down there for dancing……. not too sure there is anything up here!

Time Flies 2 Lyras Image

Back tomorrow with another, and in the meantime don’t forget to check out the other DT members who are now over there on the right in my sidebar. >>>>>>>> just under the ‘email me’ button.

Butterfly 2 Signature Lin

6 comments:

  1. Love your card Lin, fab layout and that paper was really meant to be with this stamp. I'm impatiently waiting for weekend! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, another stunner. Shocking that someone has stolen your card and passing it off as their own

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lin,
    Just adore Sheena's new stamps and all of your cards so far are simply glorious! Love your HUUGGEEEE card. it's my fav.
    Hugs
    Sandra x
    Really looking forward to the show xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bev, they haven't passed it off as their own. They actually used it as a stick to beat someone with. I do not want to go into too much detail, except to say that I do not take kindly to someone nicking something off of here and publishing it elsewhere, for any reason, without my say so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi lin
    didn't know i had one of those verification thingies but have found it now and turned it off thanks for nudging me i would never of known it was there lol
    told you i was a blog virgin learnt so much in the last week
    bye
    gill x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These stamps are just gorgeous Lin and you def do a fab job with them. And don't blame yourself for not being able to fit together the jigsaw. On my swing card I cut 2 pieces of card at the same time with nesties but when I put the ovals back to back they didn't fit!!! All I'd done is turn one piece of paper over. It's def. the nesties - not you, lol.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails