Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Wednesday 12 January 2011

Sneaky Peeks a la Sheena

This should have been sneaky peek day 3, but sadly yesterday just ran away with me and I didn’t have time, plus I did have a special card to make for someone rather important ……….. my Daughter. As I used a couple of Sheena’s stamps on it I will show you that one as well as the second ‘official’ sneaky peek. Obviously Em’s birthday card will not be appearing on a television screen near you any time soon. Unless she wins 20 squillion on a lottery and they want to interview her, at which point it might be in the background, lol

Anyhow to the official sneaky peek card.

Just The Two of Us 2 - Primas WM

The stamp sheet is called ‘Just the Two of Us’ at  least the sentiment is. It has on it the little kids in their bathers, a bottle with two straws shaped like a heart, the straws that is, not the bottle, three heart shaped clouds and the sentiment.

I used a background sheet from the Cute Companions range, showing a beach hut, and the beach for my background, adding a couple of sandcastles to it as well. At the top I stamped the clouds and then masked them out and dusted some stormy sky DI just to darken the sky up a little.

The little kids are coloured with prismacolour pencils and OMS. I also found some scrapbook paper that had a sort of look of waves about it and I stuck that at the bottom of the beach scene and then to cover up the join I placed the image over the top on foam pads.

Just The Two of Us 2 - Primas Image

I actually used the sentiment from the Time Flies sheet as it went well with the picture I think, it also shows the versatility of all the sentiments, and how they can be mixed and matched because I then added a couple of words with my printer to tie in with the  ‘Busy doing Nothing’ Sentiment from the Busy Doing Nothing set of stamps.

The whole thing is on blue shimmer paper which in turn is placed on an A5 card which I dusted to match the colour of the beach.

Now to Em’s birthday card. I used two of Sheena’s children images, the little girl from the Busy Doing Nothing Set, and the little boy (or girl depending on how you colour him/her) from the Time Flies set.

Em B'day card WM1

I had just got the gorgeous Palm Edger EK Success punch and was desperate to have a go, so I worked out how many repeats it took to go around the card and how wide the card would need to be, and then I stamped both images into the centre of some watercolour card.

The images are watercoloured with Lyra Acquacolours.

Em B'day card FS 1 Girl

Em B'day card FS 1 Boy

I dusted around the edges of the card with broken glass DI. The whole lot is matted onto two sheets from the DCWV Old World Stack. With four expensive prima flowers as embellishments. I particularly love the one at the bottom, as it looks like cloisonne metal. Not sure what it is made of as it does look like metal but appeared to be maleable, although I didn’t risk bending it too much cos it was too expensive to snap, lol

Em Birthday Card Flower 1 Em B'day Card Flower 2

I deliberately avoided a sentiment on the card, cos you never know, she might fancy hanging it on the wall, lol

The whole thing was HUGEEEEE 12 inches wide and 7.5 inches high, and I had to make my own background card from two sheets of 300gsm scrapbook card glue together.

The good news, she seemed to like it, lol

Anyhow, back tomorrow with sneaky peek 4. Meanwhile don’t forget to check out the DT posts which can be found by clicking on Sheena’s name above and checking out her blog list.

Butterfly 2 Signature Lin

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lin

    Hope you are well. I am loving your work with Sheenas stamps. Your colouring is amazing and love the closeups.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic idea I have the CD of Jane's Cute Companions range! The stamps are lovely and to see what ya did with them is fantatic.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lin both cards are beautiful, really really lovely. You have used the images so well and incorporated so many other things. Bet your daughter loved it

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Lin what can I say??? These cards are just fabulous. Bet Sheena loves you. Think I need to come and have lessons. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What pretty cards! Sheena's designs always make fantastic cards, don't they.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both your cards Lin. I'd be delighted to received either of those. Like the look of your new punch too. Looking forward to the next sneaky peek. Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails