Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Tuesday 18 January 2011

Paper Piecing

The image used here is another of those from Sheena Douglass, and it’s one I am particularly fond of.  It is all on an 8” square scalloped blank, but these images lend themselves to larger cards beautifully. The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, the leaves are from two sizzix dies of a set of three. 

Busy 1 Paper Pieced WM

I stamped out the little girl and coloured her in with Prismacolour pencils, but the best bit is the little girl’s frock. Obviously it is not going to show up in a photograph but I printed out a dotted pattern onto fuzzy paper that I had as part of my prize at Crafty Computer Paper a couple of months back. I then stamped the little girl onto the fuzzy paper and cut out her dress only. I shaded it with Faber Castell Pastels pencils (chalks) and then paper pieced it onto the image which I had stamped onto white cardstock. I loved the feel of the card and it would make a great card for someone who has a visual impairment as they would also have the texture of the frock to enjoy. It felt like she was wearing a soft velvet dress. Obviously the paper would also make excellent paper to portray the fur on animals.Busy 1 Paper Pieced Image

The patterned paper is from the Prima Annalee pad and the mat is cut from some cardstock that looks a bit like Bazzill Bling, but isn’t, lol, and was cut out with a Marianne die.

 

Busy 1 Paper Pieced Flowers 1

Busy 1 Paper Pieced Flowers 2

I should like to enter her into the following Challenges

Raise The Bar – Oh To Be A Kid Again – Use A Child Image

Pile It On – Anything Goes

Stamp, Scrap and Doodle – Anything Goes

Stamp Something – Anything Goes

Cute Card Thursday – Monochrome – I realise there is a little green in there for leaves and grass, but peach grass looks rather strange! LOL Feel free to remove if it does not meet your requirements though

Butterfly 2 Signature Lin

3 comments:

  1. I really love how you created and paper pieced the little frock the girl is wearing :) Would be nice if I could actually feel the texture from my computer screen, LOL!

    Thank you so much for dropping by my blog :)

    Shirl xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! The image is so cute.
    Thank you for joining us at CCT! :)
    Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails