Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Friday 14 January 2011

Sheena 5 and 6

Don’t forget Sheena’s shows tomorrow on Create and Craft TV at 12 noon and at 3pm.

Here are a couple more peeks. I do actually have a few more but I will blog them later after the shows tomorrow, or perhaps Sunday.

I thought I would show two different colouring methods for the same image today.

It’s back to the Two Of Us stamp sheet.

The first one is using Lyra Acquacolours again. These are rapidly becoming a favourite of mine. They look like children’s old fashioned pastel crayons, but you just wet the end and they become a gorgeous watercolour paint.

Just The Two of Us 1 Lyras WM

I trimmed the image up with a circle nestie and have sat it over two Marianne Frames. The strip at the bottom is made with the EK Success English Ivy border punch which I first put through an embossing folder before I cut it. The BP is from the gorgeous MME Christmas Glitter Stack. There are loads of lush papers in there that are suitable for both Christmas and any other thing you might fancy.

Just The Two of Us 1 Lyras Image

The row of sea embellishments were from a cheap children’s bead kit I bought on Ebay years ago. I knew they would come in handy!

The next card I did with my promarkers.

Just The Two Promarkers WM

I made a mask of the boy and girl and used stormy sky DI to bring some blue in around them to represent a hot sunny day. They are again matted onto a small slice of the  same BP as above, which in turn is on a sheet from the Basic Grey Curio pad. When it arrived I was disappointed with the Curio pad as there were way too many papers that had a dark edge to them and I thought I had actually wasted my money, so I used the English Ivy punch to go around and trim the dark edge away and found I liked what it left me with, matted over plain white card it really makes the pattern pop and gives an interesting feel to the BP.

Just The Two Promarkers Image

Just for interest below is a reverse of the above image before I stuck it down. Excuse the mess but I wasn’t intending to use that side, however, it has given me some ideas for a possible future card as I think it looks quite ethereal.

Just The Two Promarkers Reverse

It certainly emphasises how much promarkers bleed and how you couldn’t use them straight onto your card as they would show through the other side.

Hopefully, time permitting, I should be back later tomorrow with a few more of Sheena’s samples, although they won’t be sneaky peeks by then, lol

Butterfly 2 Signature Lin

7 comments:

  1. Hiya Lin, These are very beautiful cards. Very cute stamp and I just cannot decide which coloring medium I prefer, they are both so amazing. Love the little seaside embellies.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them both Lin Either colouring medium is a winner I really lke the ivy punched edge on the second card too. Will be sure to watch Sheena show tomorrow to see your other great samples
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  3. How RUDE lifting your work like that onto another site!

    Lovely ideas with the stamps, LOVE the top one with the beads that is fantastic!
    Lee UKS

    right see If this works, I have to cut and paste what I have written now just incase it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lin. These are beautiful cards, you've done an excellent job of showcasing these new stamps. I too love my Lyra's, they are such a delight to work with aren't they? Looking forward to seeing some more of your cards tomorrow. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sweet cards Lin, love the image and those little seaside beads are so cute! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another set of lovely cards. You have just shown how versatile Sheena's stamps are, both using the same image but looking so different!

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  7. they are all gorjuss, i love the back to front best !!! but hey im a little crazy lol xx thanks for the welcome hun, im with you on little ole number 1 xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails