Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Sunday 27 March 2011

Mirror, Mirror ….

HH Diva WM I had a good browse through all the lovely creative talents that make up Stitchy Bear Stamps on Friday and treated myself to some downloads. Some new designs by Delicious Doodles particularly caught my eye as I was looking for something a bit different.

The image I have used here is called Steampunk Fairy. I coloured her in with Promarkers and Copics and also shaded with Polychromos! That’s a lot of colouring, lol

Anyhow, having coloured her I was trying to work out how to put her onto a project so in the meantime whilst my brain was cogitating and going over some ideas I decided to cut a few of my new nestie tags out. I bought a lovely set for framing sentiments. I cut one of them out in this lush green card and it suddenly came to me how it would make a gorgeous vintage looking mirror frame if I turned it the other way up.

Now I had my idea. I used BPs from Artylicious from their Filigree Fusion cd which I printed at 8”square and then trimmed down to 6” square. Sometimes printing smaller makes things look overcrowded so it can be better to print larger and trim some bits off.  I distressed around the edge and then added some inks from a Big N Juicy inkpad and dipped the edges into Sheena Wow Holo powder and embossed.  I used the same holo powder to add some bling to the fairy’s wings.

I cut a strip of card to match the ‘mirror’ frame and layered some purple ribbon over the top.

I then had to flip the Steampunk Fairy so she is facing the other way and print, colour and cut her out to fit into the mirror, which I first backed with some silver mirri card. Unfortunately I hadn’t decided on this design when I first coloured her so I couldn’t remember what colours I used in her hair, but I figured it might look slightly different in a mirror anyway.

The sentiment I decided on I based on the Snow White wicked queen speech to her mirror, but as my fairy is only a dastardly DIVA not a wicked witch, I made my own version of the rhyme,

Mirror, Mirror Don’t be Shy …… tell EVERYONE how gorgeous am I. Poor grammar I know but ‘I am’ didn’t rhyme!

I printed this onto safmat. After it was printed and put in place I coloured up some gems to match the wording, and placed them inside all the Os. I put three buttons on the ribbon strip and added gems coloured in the same way to the holes the thread would go through.

I am entering this into

Haunted Design House's Macabre Monday – Dastardly Divas

Crafts and Me – Anything Goes

Scrapbook Sisters – Anything Goes

Wee Memories – Anything Goes

Alphabet Challenge Blog – U is for Up In the Air

Paper Crafting Journey – Up in the Air

One Stop Craft Challenges – Angels & Fairies

Do You Stack Up Challenge – Shine On (all the gems and the fairy’s wings)

Little Miss Muffet – Brads, Gems and Pearls

Butterfly 2 Signature Lin

21 comments:

  1. I've got one word for this card - "Wow"!. When I looked at the card, I thought it was beautiful, but then when I read the post about how you'd done it all, I realised just how much work had gone into it, and it looks amazingfor it. Love the sentiment too. Absolutely fantastic card. Annette xx (One Stop Craft DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Lin it's wicked clever idea flipping it for the muirror image I do like the image very goth
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lin :)

    This card is amazing! I love the steampunk fairy, she is awesome, and its brilliant how you have made the reflection in the mirror image! Fabulous. Great ribbons and buttons too.

    Thanks so much for playing alone at One Stop Craft Challenges this week. :)

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fabulous. I love the images. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome card Lin, great way of colouring this fantastic image up and I like the mirrorreflection, great idea,...
    thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card - fell in love with her first time I saw her and bought her straight away!!. What you have done with her is amazing and I love the way you have flipped her. Great idea. You have coloured her beautifully too. Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my....This is such a stunning card Lin! Love the colors, the image is really great! Have a fab day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...love your card! It's so creative. The image is beautiful! Thank you for playing along with us this week at DYSU.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, this is gorgeous! Love love love your colour scheme :D Thanks for playing along with our Dastardly Diva challenge at HDH, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, lots of detail, thanks for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge, hugs Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Fab colours and I love your colouring :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just fabulous. Now, what is Safmat again, roflmao! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lin, really clever to make that mirror and frame, looks great too.CoB

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fun - love your colouring

    kitten DYSU team

    ReplyDelete
  15. AMAZING! I just love this so very much :) What a beautiful image, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card Lin Love the flipped image in the mirror and the frame is lush
    Fi x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous card. I love how you created the mirror. Your coloring and color choices are outstanding. Thanks for joining us at PCJ this week. hugs ~ Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW, is this ever GORGEOUS! Thanks for joining us for MM at HDH! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dropping by to check out your project! Thanks for playing along in the "Brads, Gems & Pearls" challenge at Little Miss Muffet Stamps. :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Lin this is amazing. I love how you have mirrored the image, that is so clever.

    Thank you for sharing another one of your gorgeous creations over at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the mirrored image and those colours are gorgeous

    (sorry for the late comment - work and holidays keeping me busy lol) Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog - hope to see you again soon

    Hel XOX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails