Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Sunday 6 March 2011

Dream Valley Challenge #2 – New Beginnings

Here is my DT card for our second challenge over at Dream Valley Challenges. Our theme this fortnight is New Beginnings.

We want to see your creations featuring a a New Beginning like a New Home, Baby, Wedding etc! This can be a card, scrapbook page, altered item, 3D item, anything you like as long as it follows our theme! We have 2 fab sponsors this time One Stop Card Crafts and Crafty Ribbons and the prizes are

image

Bev’s Bag

image

The timing for this was perfect as my best friend is moving house on Wednesday of this week. I am hoping she is too busy to see my blog before the gets the card in the door of her new house. I hope her ‘new beginning’ will prove to be a very happy one for her.

02 New Beginnings WM

I have used a digi stamp from Make It Crafty. They have such cute and quirky stamps and the lovely range of house stamps they do, I think, are perfect for someone moving house. I do hope Pam’s new pad doesn’t look quite as dilapidated as this lovely old boot does.

I printed the digi onto watercolour card and I coloured it with my Inktense watercolour pencils. Both flowers are prima, although I dyed the smaller one to match the boot’s colouring. The key charm was in my stash and the other embellishment is a Marianne Die. I added the sentiment with safmat.

My friend subscribes to the ‘less is more’ policy, so I didn’t want to add any more to this.

I am entering this into:-

The Corrosive Challenge Blog – Going Green

Creative Inspirations Paint – Gone Green

One Stitch At A Time – Use a Charm

Easy Craft Project Challenges - Green

Card Makin’ Mamas – Something Green

Digis With Attitude – Anything Goes

Bugaboo Stamps – Anything Goes

Stamp Something – March Digi Day Challenge

Don’t forget to pop on over to Dream Valley and join in the fun, and please stop by my fellow teamies’ blogs too.

Butterfly 2 Signature Lin

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Love the wonderful digi and colors. Thanks for sharing with us at OSAAT.

    Hugs, Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an AWESOME image and your colouring is just fantastic! Thanks so much for joining us at the Corrosive Challenge!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! I chuckled when I saw the cute "house". Too funny! I'm sure your friend will love it!

    Hugs
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lin, WOW! your colouring is amazing and I love the fab image and pretty flowers. Gorgeous. The BG papers are Sultry.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I often feel like the old woman who lived in the shoe! I have 3 children of my own plus a stepdaughter living at home and sometimes I totally know how she feels! Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for playing with Card Makin Mamas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Lin, but what on earth is Safmat, lol. Jack (the technically challenged one!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant new home card, Lin, I just love that image, and you coloured it up so nicely. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lin, me again. I meant to say that there is a little something for you on my blog, the post underneath the DT one. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's gorgeous. Thanks for playing with us at OSAAT. Hugs Nataliya.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great card! thanks for joining the corrosive challenge!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable image, wonderfully colored! I love the flower and key charm! Thanks for playing along @ The Corrosive Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is brilliant! I love your colouring :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful image! I love what you've done with it too!!!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Digi's With Attitude!
    HUgs
    Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty, I love how you have colored this! Thanks for joining us this week at Catch the Bug!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great image and fabulous coloring! Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Corrosive Challenges, and good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh she'll love it, love the touch of the key in the upper corner, and your coloring is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card Lin, great charm and love the image. Thanks for joining us last week at OSAAT....hope to see you again this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails