Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Tuesday 29 March 2011

CCM Spotlight on …… Decoupage

Spot 2 Decoupage WM This fortnight over at the Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight blog we are spotlighting decoupage. If you have never tried this popular craft but want to try there is an excellent tutorial on the blog by our very own Mandy.

We are sponsored for this challenge by Technique Junkie Newsletter.

"The Technique Junkie Newsletter was started in 2002 as a resource for Rubber Stamping Techniques. The Newsletter is published every-other month, featuring 15 or more stamping techniques in step-by-step format.

Each technique has a corresponding pictorial online, and a full page of inspirational artwork by the talented Technique Junkie Newsletter Designers. To date, over 600 Techniques have been published, by far the largest and most extensive library of rubber stamping tutorials available.

Our newest CD has over 79 cutting and embossing machine tutorials with over 850 techniques. The prize would be an Emboss or Die CD (Value $17.95). "

Now that’s a prize I would love to win.

My decoupage is from Reddy Crafts from their Faerie Poppets diecut decoupage range. Now there are some who think if you are not cutting then you are not properly decoupaging, but I say anything for an easy life! Having said that I have a friend who loves nothing more than cutting and sticking!

Anyhow I have had this little beauty for a very long time now, having bought her from Create and Craft ages ago, and then deciding that as there were other things I preferred she was relegated to the back of beyond in my craft room, so when Mandy suggested this theme I knew I had some lovely designs I could dust off.

The backing paper was from the same kit. I stuck the BP to some card and then pricked a Cosy Corner embroidery pattern on the corner and stitched it in three different colours of Joy Crafts Sparkle thread.

Stitching really is my first love, but it’s so time consuming. You need to choose a design and what it will go with, then prick it (which kills my hand) and finally choose your colours and stitch. Be aware if you want to stitch through card you need to be prepared to work with shorter lengths of thread as the fibres in the card can split the fibres in the thread causing them to fray back to the nylon filament that often runs through the middle of the fancier metallic and sparkle threads.

A few butterflies cut from some ribbon finish it off.

My Niece has her eye on this to give to her Mum (my Sis) for her upcoming birthday, so she will soon be fluttering out of my craft room.

I’m popping this into the following challenges:-

The Alphabet Challenge Blog – Up is for Up in the Air (Fairy and Butterflies)

Flutterby Wednesday – Anything Goes as long as it has a butterfly, angel or fairy

Little Red Wagon – Butterflies

One Stop Craft Challenge – Angels and Fairies

Crafty Creations – In Stitches

Sugar Creek Hollow – Sensational Stitching

Wee Memories – Anything goes

Butterfly 2 Signature Lin

21 comments:

  1. just love this love fairies anyway so a bit biased. but its' so pretty and they layers look great on her skirt it looks so real great job love it
    gill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card I love the fairy and gorgeous embroidery. Thank you for joining us at Alphabet this week
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous Lin. And it looks really fiddly to cut out too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww love it!
    the image is fab, so girly hee!
    I love the added butterflies, just finishes it off fab!
    Hugs Melly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Lin. This is amazing. What an amazing job you've done with it. Hugs xo Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lin thanks for comments on cards the decoupage one no QVC on there only freebies from a mag and the flowers are dovecrafts I think I got them from Dunhelm as for easel it's so easy glad you like it
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. how rude of me I hit send before finishing my comment I dont have to say I love your card you know I do but that little fairy is so sweet and I love the stitching on it I am finished now so will hit butto

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, love the little butterflies,

    Thanks for joining us at AC.

    Huggies Angel

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Wee Memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lin

    Wow, this is beautiful!! I absolutely love your stitching, I wish I had half your talent.

    Thank you for sharing over at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love decoupage! I've never done anything as inticate as this. This is beautiful! Yes, my q is for quilting card was handstitched, it took forever! I love time holtz gears They are perfect for male cards. I am hoping to sell some of the car themed cards I have up at a racetrack near my house!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous fairy and I love the trail of butterflies! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Sugar Creek Hollow challenge, hope to see you back next week!
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    SCH-DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Voi-miten kauniita nämä sinun korttisi ovat!!
    Kiitos kommenteistasi--ihana--
    Minulla on Big Shott stanssaus välineenä--ei muuta-
    Aurinkoa päivääsi Lin :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a gorgeous card! Love the decoupage and the stitching is AMAZING! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous, and the little girl is just precious!! Thank you for joining us at both the Sugar Creek Hollow and Flutter By Wednesday challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Lin
    She really is a little beauty. Who can resist fairies and I love your multicoloured butterflies.
    You have to have a lot of patience for the stitching don't you. It looks great though. I only ever do it on Scrapbook pages so I don't have to give it away, how mean is that!!
    Thank you so much for all your lovely comments.
    In answer to your question I did the fushioneering first on the hanger. It was the third attempt I must confess, those little leaves are a nightmare, for some reason I can't get my head round them. I then printed the wording on the computer, traced it and painted it with the smallest brush and the red acrylic paint. It's not as hard as you might think as that lovely paint just flows where you want it. I've done something similar for Mother's Day but with more writing on and if you're sat quiet it's quite theraputic.
    Hope all is good with you.
    hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is lovely Lin :o) Your stitching looks so gorgeous! Love the sweet fairy too. Lisa x

    PS. To answer your comment - nope, my craft desk doesn't look that tidy anymore lol, it's wearing the 'lived in' look now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for popping by, my hand is a lot better now, I got the stitches out on Monday and have almost full movement with it now, there are disolving stitched underneath that are still retricting it with some movements.
    I think your card is so delicate looking and the stitching looks fantastic not something I have tried but I don't think I have the patience for it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is lovely, Lin. The stitching sets everything off beautifully and makes the card more special, somehow. And I love those butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I absolutely love cutting and sticking but I think that image would be a nightmare to cut that many times so die cuts are good.... Your stitching makes for a beautiful card and I love those butterflies and the different colours in them :)

    Love Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awww, what a sweet little fairy! Great job on your stitching and I love those pretty butterflies too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails