Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Thursday 6 August 2009

Purple is my passion


Thanks to the lovely Dragonlady I was directed to Our Creative Corner and their latest challenge, which was to use shades of purple. She was right, that theme is right up my alley and gave me an excuse to make yet another purple card, not that I needed one.

I have some lovely fantasy stamps that I have had for ages and not really used and the wizard just looked nice and regal to me and regal makes me think of purple.

I stamped him out and coloured him in with prismas and OMS. All different shades of purple, even his hair had blackcurrant in it......... after all the challenge was inspired by the poem which I grow old I shall wear purple, and he certainly looks old to me.

I had this funky hand paper, not sure from where, and it looked sort of mystical to go with the wizard and it was the perfect colours. I embroidered a nice swirly pattern to one side in some gorgeous purple sparkly thread, but sadly it was not standing out from the purple background enough for my liking so I carefully outlined the stitching with a Sakura micro pen. Wouldn't you know it, I only have one and its............ purple!!!!

I didn't have any purple buttons.. Why not? No idea, so I coloured three in with peel off pens and stitched them at the top of the swirl.

Matted and layered Mr. Wizard up with some nesties (what did we do before nesties) and popped him on. I didn't want to put too much on as I didn't want to obscure the background print of the hands.

TW

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, I love it all, especially the stitching detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there

    Thanks for the mention and I am glad you joined in the challenge. What a fantastic card. That stitched swirl is brilliant and you wouldn't know that the buttons were any other colour but purple.
    Best of luck with the challenge.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, I like the colours, you can see all the work/talent that has gone into making this great card.
    I hope the recipient loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again

    Look on my blog later today for a pressie

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bloomin' heck - fantastic work with the embroidered swirl. Fab card, lovely colouring on the wizard image.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails