Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Sunday 23 August 2009

And finally, for now anyway

These are two cards I made for swaps over on Crafttelly.com. The first was July's swap and the theme was an invitation.

The image is from House Mouse, coloured in with prismas, except for the teabag box, which has the detailed picked out with sakura pens. I used my Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch for the first time here..... yummy punch, and the papers are DCWV from their Sweet stack, as the cupcakes were perfect for the theme. The inside read something like........ You're invited to Afternoon Tea, Bring your own sleeping bag!

The ribbon is from my stash and the licious silk flowers are also from my stash, primas I believe.


I stuck an invitation on using my BS and a BS folder and core'dinations. When I had sanded down the embossing I went lightly over it with a lemon coloured memento inkpad because it didn't show up too well just sanded.



The second card is for this month's swap, the theme of which was using the colours mocha and teal.

The oriental lady again I found online and coloured her in with prismas (getting a little boring with the whole prismas thing, lol). I had to get a magnifying glass out when it came to her lips and nails as I just couldn't see them with my naked eye well enough to colour. Oh the indignities of middle age....

I used a combination of different DCWV stacks including both garden party and far east.

The flowers are daisy box blends.

In the inside I put this truly dreadful rhyme:-

I hope you enjoy this August card designed especially for you
An oriental lovely in shades of brown and blue.

Mocha and teal to be precise but that just didn't rhyme,
So I changed the names to fit the verse as I was running out of time.

The person I made this for has a passion for oriental, not so sure he has a passion for my dreadful doggerel though.

Move over Carol Ann Duffy (current Poet Laureate) Twisted Witch is coming in..............

Lin

2 comments:

  1. Wow you have been busy. I love the cute mice card. That punch is good isn't it.
    The oriental lady is lovely. Good colouring.
    Not for Fab is it?

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards.
    I love House Mouse stamps and this image is great - good job colouring!
    Mocha and teal are my two fav colour combos - I must try and join in the card swap on Crafttelly.com - I have seen you all in action but wasnt sure how to join?
    Hugs SuzyX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails