Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Wednesday 26 August 2009

My first attempt at a double challenge


I have finished my first ever attempt at combining two challenges. The first is the Penny Black Saturday challenge which was to use stitching on your card, and the second used the Friday Sketchers sketch template. Having had a quick look through the cards on PBSC so far I appear to be one of only a couple of people who have handstitched. Most people have used their machines to do edging stitching.

When I saw the FS sketch and looked at the flowers at the bottom I knew immediately what I wanted to do and it combined perfectly with the first challenge for stitching. I loved that I was able to stitch the flowers instead of finding flowers to stick on.

Took me ages to position those flowers in approximately the right spot though before I could stitch them and horrors I have spotted a small error in my stitching after it was all stuck down!! See if you can tell me where? Once upon a time I would have pulled it all apart and corrected the error but there is so much double selo on the back that I would have ruined it. So I shall just have to live with it, but I am so pernickity it grates on my nerves....... just think yourself lucky you are not my Daughter, imagine having to live with me!

I enjoyed this, as I used to stitch on my cards all the time, but got hooked on stamping and colouring and apart from my wizard card earlier I hadn't stitched for ages.


And look, no purple in
sight!

I must put so
me of my previous stitched cards up on here later.

Lin

PS. Oooops. I got so wrapped up in bragging I completely forgot to say what went into the card. The image is a Penny Black one, obviously, the mat is cut from a nestie, and the papers are a combination of WRMK Tiffany and Basic Grey's Lemonade. The thread is Joy Crafts.

L

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the colour combination.
    Well done for resisting Purple! hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow fabulous card and your stitched flowers are wonderful.. love the gorgeous sketch and details.. Thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC
    hugs
    Tracie :)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - love those handstitched flowers! Wish I had the patience to do them!
    suzyX

    ReplyDelete
  4. wowee...loving those beautiful stitched flowers...great colour combo and super cute image.......thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC....hugs kath xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card It must have taken ages but it was worth it I love your hand stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there

    I love your card. great colours and I love the image. Good Luck on the challenges.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this really is something else - the stitched flowers are really amazing - top notch! Also love the image,colours and layering - and is that a new style of nestie? i think I need it lol! Thanks for joining in this week's PBSC
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep coming back to see this card, I love it!

    Have uploaded the uncoloured file just for you.

    Vince X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful and a good job with two challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely card and great take on both challenges

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails