Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Sunday 23 August 2009

A couple of this weeks card's


Before I start off on a journey to see what challenges I fancy this week I thought I might post a few of the cards I made this week, which left me no time for challenges.

First off are two cards I made for my DD's best friend and my surrogate 2nd Daughter. The first one is an anime image I found online coloured in with prismas with hints of sakura stardust pens for highlights, the backgrounds are all mats from a kit I got from QVC. Excellent value for money with some great colours, textures and shapes. The mirrored mat I did myself.

I had mounted up the girl before I decided she looked a little bland around the edges but figured it was too late as she was already on the card then I had a brainwave........ I stuck the discarded card from when I cut the nestie shape out back over the card and then got a nice scrolly stamp and randomly stamped it around the edge. The previously discarded waste protected the layers that this was sitting on.


The second card is a Sketching Stamper digi stamp coloured in with prismas and OMS.


















I found it difficult matching the background for this as the colours were quite vivid. In the end I plumped for some paper from a huge K&Co 360 paper stack. This one is from the Wild Saffron range.













Flowers on both cards are from my stash.

Lin

3 comments:

  1. The blue card is a bit saucy isn't it!!!
    Love the colouring in the perfume card. Great colour scheme - very strong.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy!
    And no purple???
    LOL
    Great cards - again!
    SuzyX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love anime images and think the one you have used is great and the mat combination is very effective.
    Wonderful cards
    Gill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails