Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 27 January 2020

CCM #249 Black and white

Our new challenge for you today over at Crafty Cardmakers is Black and White.

I have used some lovely black and white papers from a company called Bearly Mine which sadly stopped producting when the stupid VAT rules changed a few years back for digital only companies! Anyhow I picked 4 of the designs and I was going to print them and then the cut them down and make them into a set of four papers cut into quarters, but in order to save both ink and paper I did the work on the pc instead. So I cut each paper down to a quarter of it’s size and then overlaid them onto a black background and then just printed it as one sheet. I matted this layer onto a white square card.

The image is from D’arcy’ Diaries, again another company that stopped producing these lovely digis a few years back. This image was perfect for a black and white challenge I thought. I die cut it with my new Crafters Companion vintage lace dies, as I also did for the black matting diecut layer.

The top sentiment is from Craftwork Cards and the Sister word I created on my pc.

I am entering this into:-

A Bit More Time to Craft – #108 Anything Goes
Bastel-Traum – #85 Monochrome / Glitter
Creative Craft Cottage – #125 Anything Goes
Die Cut Divas – Jan: New Things (Dies)
Dies R Us – #137 Birthdays
Love to Craft – #42 Anything Goes
Not Just Cards – Jan: Anything Goes
Papercraft Challenges – #54 Use 2 Designer Papers minimum
Sheepski Designs – #34 Square Cards
Worldwide Open DT Challenge – #01 Anything Goes

14 comments:

  1. Adorable card and pretty design! Thank you for joining our challenge at Dies R Us!
    Diane DRU DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe such a sweet image ... perfect for a sister card! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Dies R Us challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DIES R US
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute sister birthday card Lin. Have a creative week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This card is stunning in black and white and I am loving this digi image. Too bad they quit making her. Thanks for sharing it with us at Bastel-Traum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful black and white card. I love the new die too. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our January challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous Black and White project. Nice work here.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute image and card. Thanks for joining the challenge at Love to Craft Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great black & white card. I love what you did to create the patterned piece. Very clever! Thank you so much for entering our Challenge at SheepSki Designs
    Cara, SheepSki Design Team
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful monochrome card. Love the gorgeous design papers you chose. They perfectly highlight the sweet image. Gorgeous lace dues ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Papercraft Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's such a shame that so many wonderful companies have gone to the wall over the last few years.
    Fabulous card, hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lin, wow, this is wonderful, love your great black-and-white creation. The different patterned papers, the elegant frame and your soft colouration, just perfect.

    Thank you very much for joining us at the bastel-traum Challenge.

    Hugs and good luck
    Claudia
    DT bastel-traum challenge

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a lovely black and white creation. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Gale DT for  http://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so elegant, eye-catching and beautiful. I'm feeling two colour and monochromatic makes more than ever this year (now, actually convincing myself to actually work with just one or two colours for my own projects is a whole 'nother story though, lol! :D).

    ♥ Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a wonderful monochrome card. Love your fab design. Many thanks for joining us at Papercraft Challenge. Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails