Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Friday 28 August 2009

Colour Create and Whimsy Challenges


Here is my entry for both the Colour Create and Whimsy Stamps Challenges. The colour create one required the colours, ruby, cream and gold and the Whimsy one simply wanted a touch of sparkle. The background is some lovely handmade paper I found shoved at the back of the filing cabinet, perfect for the colour combo. The back layer of ribbon, the lacey stuff, was a cream crocheted ribbon so I dyed it with my dewdrop inkpads first rocket red and then rocket red gold as the first colour was too harsh, layered over the top is some satin edged organiza from my stash. The button came in a box of oddments.

The red layer is also handmade paper with little gold droplets all over it like re
ally thick heat embossing, you can't see it in the pic because they are obscured but there are also gold roses on it as well. The top layer I stamped from the Elusive Images Poppy sheet and the largest butterfly and flower are also from different EI stamp sheets. Smaller butterflies some random stamps. The large flower was coloured in with cosmic shimmers. Loved the opulence of this colour scheme.

As the flower was coloured with CSs and two of the butterflies were embossed with holographic powder I figured it also met the 'sparkle' challenge over at Whimsy Stamps as well.

Lin

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. I love how you have the colored scattered across the card..

    Thank you for joining the Colour Create Challenge.
    hugs, janny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there

    Thank you for your lovely comment. I have found a computer in France and am making several comments when able. This is an absolutely gorgeous card. THe colours are fantastic and I love any Elusive image stuff. Good luck with your challenges.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY VERY stylish i love this one
    hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I love the way you combined the different patterns on the papers. Those butterflies are fabulout! Thank you for sharing your card and thanks for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your lovely comment loobyloo! made me laugh! you have some great work on here, love your cards particularly those naught girl ones, suit most of my fellas (family) down to the ground.
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lin, thanks for your lovely comment on mine. I didnt get any problems with ink leaking into the canvas and was really pleased how it turned out. I shall have to source more canvas sheets now lol, i think i am hooked :)
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous peice of work. Love the papers you've used and those two little butterflies are stunning!!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at CC.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card! Love the colors and images. Thanks for joining in at Whimsy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blog,enjoyed looking at your creations especially like the perfume bottle card your colouring is gorgeous
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is stunningly gorgeous.I love it.
    Gill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails