Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Thursday 30 July 2009

Friday Sketchers Challenge

This is my entry for the Friday Sketchers' Challenge no 62. They have great sketches every week to inspire you. The colours are a bit clashy on this card, but somehow it appeals to me. Modest I know, lol !

Most of the cardstock comes from K&Co's Urban Rhapsody, except the largest of the label mats which is something from my stash I inked to match. In fact I inked quite a bit around the edges, including the flowers, to get the colour I was after.

The two lovely ladies are a Wild Rose stamp, and the flowers are from my stash, as is the smidge of ribbon.

I coloured the girls in with lyra aquacolours. I had to cut them out as I had an accident around the inside of their necks which I just couldn't correct. I still have not found an ideal card for stamping and painting with watercolours, and occasionally I get a sort of pilling on the card, which is what happened around the inside of their necks here. I was furious because I had mostly finished at that point, so I thought what the heck, use it anyway. I think they look better with the contrast colour showing behind and between them anyway. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I find hair difficult to do at the best of times but with watercolours it seems so much more difficult.

TW

2 comments:

  1. Hi there

    hey first to comment on this really striking card. The colours are very vibrant and I like that.

    Good luck in the challenge.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah this is brill, I have found you through Pamela's Pages. Looking atr your blog I love your cards they are lovely, Hazelxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails