I remember using the fold for my card below a long time ago, and thought I might dust it off. Couldn’t for the life of me remember the measurements though, and I am pretty sure when I used it before I wasn’t quite so tied down with the image size, as this time around I had printed and coloured my gorgeous Fitztown image before I went to make the fold.
It broke my heart because I ruined a perfectly good piece of double sided card from my new 7 Dots Studio 9th Wave pad because I dived straight in instead of making it from a scrap piece of paper first! Anyhow, the measurements for this one were to cut my card to 5 and 5/8” square before starting. Then I turned the card round 90 degrees so it had a point in the middle at the top, bottom and both sides (hope this is making sense as I forgot to take pictures) I placed it on the centimetre side of the Hougie Board (yes I know I started of with an imperial size, but it really worked better this way) With the top and bottom points straddling the 15cm mark, I scored at 8, 10, 20 and 22cm, then I turned the card 90 degrees so that now the opposite corners were straddling the 15cm line and scored the same measurements. Then you fold all the inside lines in towards the centre, and then you fold back the points so it now has formed a frame with points. You can leave it sort of hanging in the air, but I actually secured it all with some toning embroidery floss, and added a sticky pad under each point and secured them down.
It sits up dimensionally, but will go flatter for posting, or at least it would if I didn’t hve that large dimensional floral display in the corner!
I have coloured her with promarkers and copics, and added glitter touches to her hair and the centre of the flowers, and to all of her wings.
The flowers are from Prima, but I hooked out the central pearls as they were pink and replaced them with turquoise pearl brads so they resembled the flowers in the image. The frame around the outside of the folded frame is from Crafter’s Companion’s Diesire Dies, and the embossed outside is also from Crafter’s Companion’s Embossalicious embossing folders.
The filligree leaves are actually Spellbinders D-Lites wings, and the other leaves are top left from Marianne, and bottom right, just a small portion of a tattered lace flourish die. The ribbon is wrapping curling ribbon, which I coloured with a copic pen to match the dress, although of course, it only lightly coloured it as it was irridescent pearl ribbon which had a sort of coating to it so it only absorbed some of the copic ink.
I lightly inked over the embossed area with Peacock Feathers DI, and also went around the outside, and I also used the same Copic pen as I used on the dress to create a false matting layer around the outside as the DI wasn’t showing up enough for my liking and then I added glamour dust to that.
I am entering this into:-
Brown Sugar – #77 Anything Goes
Crafts 4 Eternity – #159 Fancy Folds
Creative Fingers – #20 Anything Goes (optional twist fairytale)
Digitally Sweet – #71 Anything Goes
Dragonfly Dreams – #1 Thoughts of Summer
Dynamic Duos – #86 Soft Aqua and Pink
Emerald Faeries – #51 Things With Wings
Hobbycutz – #32 Lots of Layers (hope this qualifies, please yell out if not)
Lacy Sunshine – #25 Bingo (Bottom left to top right, ribbon, glitter, flower)
OSAAT – #196 Use a Digi