Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 18 May 2020

CCM #257 Butterflies

Hi from sunny Hampshire. I hope everyone is still keeping safe and well, despite the confusing advice we are now being given about going out and about again!

Our challenge today at Crafty Cardmakers is butterflies. I have to say I am personally missing the dragonflies and damselflies that I would normally be seeing when I take my dog out down to the river on my mobility scooter, but I am shielding so we are stuck in and all we can see are pigeons pooping on my scooter cover!

I created my card with some Crafters Companion products. The gorgeous butterfly diecut is from them as is the pretty backing papers.

I diecut the butterfly from the lilac paper and then used it as a background behind the die cut butterfly, when I matted it over another of CC’s lovely papers. The other matting layer is white glitter card, which I cut the die sentiments from and also another butterfly layer. There are now two butterflies fluttering in the gap that the original one was cut from.

The sentiments are all from Studiolight.

I am entering this into:-

2 Crafty Critter Crazies – #38 Anything Goes with a Critter
A Bit More Time to Craft – #116 Anything Goes
Animal Friends – May: Insects
Aud Sentiments – #251 Anything Goes with a Sentiment
Crafts Galore Encore – #75 Anything Goes
Crafty Animals – #38 Anything Goes
Creative Fingers – #186 Anything Goes
Dare2BArtzy – May: In The Garden
Get Creative Challenges – #91 Make It Sparkly
Happy Little Stamper – May: Anything Goes with Dies
International Art & Soul – #83 Flowers & Butterflies
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends – #132 Anything Goes
Love To Craft – #46 Anything Goes
Not Just Cards – May: Anything Goes
The Corrosive Challenge – #5 Anything Goes
The Creative Crafters – #28 Anything Goes

19 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card! The butterfly is so dainty and elegant. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood of Crafters, "Bees, Birds and Butterflies" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Lin. Beautiful butterfly. Have a creative week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning monochromatic card! The butterfly is beautiful! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally gorgeous!!! I love that beautiful butterfly and your background is awesome for it. So very lovely!
    Hope you can get out and about soon.....I think we're all waiting for that.
    Thanks so much for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty and glitzy! Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Animals. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful design and gorgeous butterfly Erin! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful butterfly and I love the monochromatic colours. Hang in there, it should be over soon. LOL re the pigeon.
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving that butterfly Lin, so delicate.
    I am very lucky that I can go out for my walk every day, I can't imagine what it would be like to be stuck at home all day, every day. I quite enjoy being at work because at least I get to see people for a few hours a day.
    Hope that you are safe and not going too stir crazy.
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Lin, love how you have used the flower paper and wonderful large die cut butterfly to follow our challenge theme :) Thank you so much for joining us this fortnight at International Art & Soul. Hugs Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enchantingly beautiful card! I adore the sentiment, believe in it firmly as a (fellow) Pagan witch, and am reminded of the classic Roald Dahl quote, "those who don't believe in magic will never find it" (to which I would add, despite existing in a universe where it is around them constantly at all times).

    Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore butterflies and this is a wonderfully delicate die cut! I love your soft colours to create a stunning card, Lin! Thanks so much for joining us at HLS Anything Goes with Dies Challenge this month! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is magical! I love the colors, the papers and the pretty butterfly dies! And ofcourse the sentiment too, thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. magical card! Love the color. Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
    Bev aka ARTSYSTAMPER

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at The Unicorn Challenge Blog for our "Use dies" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very elegant die cut. Love the glitter! Thanks for joining us at the Creative Fingers Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful butterfly die. I like that you did a lighter butterfly behind as a shadow - very effective. Thank you for joining in the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lin, nice card. I'm on a bit of a catch-up today while things are quiet. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful work. Thank you for joying us over on the Get Creative Challenger Blog. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful creation hun

    Thank you for sharing with us at 'Get Creative' this month
    Stay Safe
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails