Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 25 February 2019

CCM #228 Flowers

Our challenge at Crafty Cardmakers today, hosted by Kim, is Flowers. A nice easy one as we all must have either heaps of flower embellishments or flower stamps!

I wanted to back the journal page I made last week as it was looking very messy in my journal so I made one from the same watercolor print paper as that one in order that I could glue it on the back of the existing one.

I actually started out quite arty with three different floral stamps which I masked and stamped up, and then masked all three up and overstamped with the background stamp, Stitched Mixed Media Background by Brigit Koopsen from Carabelle Studios. I stamped the background in Archival Ink Manganese Blue and then created some lovely puddles of colour using Aqua Flow pens from Tonic Studios and mopping them up. Sadly, the masks were not stuck down well and the inks all bled under them and actually created a muddy mess. I did, however, like the look of the rest of the background so I looked for a lovely big stamp to cover the original mess! Nil Desperandum as my Latin teacher used to say!

I decided on Tracy Evans Blossomed Numbers from Aall & Create and I stamped this out twice on the same watercolor print paper. I coloured both flowers with Inktense pencils and then cutting just the petals of one one I stuck the first one down and popped the spare petals underneath and between the petals of the full one.. I had to bulk it out as you could still see the mess beneath. Should have taken a photo but forgot.

I stencilled some glitter paste from Cosmic Shimmer through Lotza Dotz stencil from Aall & Create and the other stencil also from Aall is called Weathered Tiles. This one was also a disappointment. Having nearly broken my wrist getting the top off of a jar of Colourcraft Soft Relief Paste in Pearl (boy was that ever stuck fast), the darn stuff sort of melted into the background as it dried! I rescued it, I think, by going over the finished dried blobs with Pentart Metallic Wax paste in both a turquoise blue and soft lilac so that you could at least see there was detail there!

The sentiment I typed out and then just edged each word with black medium nib graphic pen dots.

Now, can some kind soul PLEASE point me in the direction of white paint, or a white marker, or even a white pencil which when applied DOES NOT take up the colour of the layer beneath it. I supposed I could seal it first with gel medium or similar, but honestly life is too short to fiddle around like that for a journal page!! So my ‘sort of’ white dots are from a combination of a white paint sharpie, a posca white pen and a white acrylic paint pen, none of which diddn’t just suck up the colour below. 

I am entering this into:-

Addicted to Stamps – #171 Anything But a Square
Allsorts Challenge – #508 Spring Flowers
Art Journal Journey – The Colour Yellow
Classic Design Team Challenge – Feb: #2 Anything Goes
Colour Crazy Craft Chall – #7 Anything Goes
Crafty Creations – #384 Anything Goes
Do-Al(l) Creative – #26 Mixed Media
Not Just Cards – Feb: Anything Goes
Stamping Sensations – Feb: All Things Bright And Beautiful
The Corrosive Challenge – #2 Feb: Anything Goes
The Creative Crafters – #13 Anything Goes

20 comments:

  1. Just fabulous Lin. As Julie Hickey always used to say when I first got into this crafting lark, many, many years ago, 'It's never a mistake, it's always an opportunity'
    Hope you have had the same fabulous sunshine in your neck of the woods today. Have a great evening. Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really lovely creation, super background and a really great flower.
    Such a pretty blog too.
    Thank you for joining our 'Spring Flowers' challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so stunning sweetie...love these beautiful colours and wonderful textures...thanks so much for this lovely inspiration.

    Hugs
    Dr Monika Shukla
    UrooCreations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lin, loving all those gorgeous layers. These stamps are brilliant. Great choice of colours too. Wishing you a happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors in your background are super and I can see the white dots clearly. A lovely bright and sunny page for your journal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so amazing Lin. I love your background! So much colour and those pops of purple look gorgeous but it's the flower that really caught my eye!! Well, you can't really miss it can you?? LOL!! Absolutely stunning as the focal point! Simply awesome journal spread! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great journal page! I like the color combination.
    Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Do-Al(l) Kreatives and good luck. Hope you will join us next month again.
    Please keep in mind that you have to be a follower in order to win the prize. When you already following us everything is fine.

    Crafty greetings
    Alex

    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#26 –Mixed Media}
    *DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge {#26 – You are in my heart}
    *DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {#56 – Valentine}
    Alex' Kreative Seite

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am absolutely in AWE of this fascinating page Lin! A great background and this amazing vibrant flower is just gorgeous! Cheerful and artful is this project! WONDERFUL! So glad you played along with us this month at Art Journal Journey! I hope to see you more often at our challenge blog in the future with your pretty and unique styled art. I am your newest follower!
    Happy day!
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely inky background for your pretty floral creation, thanks so much for joining in with our 'Spring, theme at Allsorts and our 'All things Bright and BEAUtiful' theme at Stamping Sensations challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful mixed media background for this gorgeous yellow sunflower! A great quote too!
    Thank you for linking to my theme "Yellow" at Art Journal Journey!
    Happy day! Rike

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card!!! Congrats!
    Good luck!!! ;)
    Ana Isabel DT Coordinator at Corrosive Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. This really is bright and beautiful. I love the background and the texture that you've added and the flower looks fabulous. Thank you for joining us in our 'All Things Bright And BEAUtiful' challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful done. I love the textures and colours you've used on your page. The flower is a real eye-catcher.
    Thank you for joining the challenge at Addicted To Stamps Challengeblog.
    Greetings Miranda (dt-ATSC)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow beautiful work!! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous and colourful page!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts, welcome again;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous, Lin - love what you did with that flower and you've really tempted me to get one....naughty! Beautiful work. Just goes to show that we can make something out of what we consider to be a disaster ;-)
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome artwork! Just perfect for the Challenge! Great project! Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy. Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful work. Thank you for joining us @The Creative Crafters. Wish you all the best. DT Alka Acharya

    ReplyDelete
  19. A beautiful creation, Lin, and those white dots look white to me, although I can see that it's annoying to see them taking on an unintended colour.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us in our Anything but Square challenge at Addicted to Stamps
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails