Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 17 September 2018

CCM #218 Autumn Colours

Our challenge today at Crafty Cardmakers is Autumn Colours. As usual you can enter anything you like, cards, mixed media, home decor, fabric crafts, you name it, we are happy to see it.

Autumn is my favourite time of year for colour. I love the rich hues of reds and oranges. Not so keen on the Autumn bugs though. I am just on the end of the cold virus from hell. I thought it was never going to leave me, for the best part of two weeks I have felt like death warmed over. Today is the first day I have felt half human again.

218 Autumn Colours

I created my birthday card from just a couple of items. For the decorative centre panel I laid down several different reels of washi tape, and then die cut the word birthday into the panel, in effect this would be the waste. The word I die cut out can be saved for another project. I backed and matted the panel with black card and to make the word pop I die cut the word again in white and used the waste from inside the word to add back into the die cut area in the panel. I stamped a Dylusions edge stamp a couple of times either side of the panel, and the word wishes onto a small scrap of white to finish it all off.

I am entering this into:-

Always Fun Challenges - #76 Fall Colours
Aud Sentiments - #212 Fall and a Sentiment
Cards in Envy - Feels Like Fall
Createful Heart Design - #1 Autumn/Fall
Cut It Up - #156 Birthday
Cute Card Thursday - #547 Dies and Punches
Di’s Digi Challenge - Happy Fall Y’all
Dragonfly Journeys - #127 Fall Festival of Colours
Fabrika Fantasy - #24 Autumn
Happy Little Stampers - Sept: Anything Goes With Dies
House of Cards - Group 2 Sept: Birthday
Make My Monday - #80 Autumn/Fall Colours
Scrap From Your Heart - #25 Autumn Colours
Sieze The Birthday - Die Cuts or Punches
The Crafter’s Cafe - #204 Autumn and/or Spring

TW BLOG Signature


18 comments:

  1. Pretty card with the autumn colors. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Lin.
    Sorry I have been a rubbish teamie just lately, it has been a truly manic few months and it isn't showing signs of slowing down any time soon.
    Hope you are feeling better now. Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card for the challenge Lin. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bright autumn colors on your card, and it's always great to see how people use their Washi!

    Thanks for joining us for our Cut it Up for our Birthday challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card with fall colors. Love how you've used washi tape to create the background. Thanks for joining in the Feels Like Fall challenge at Cards In Envy. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Such a fun way to use different tapes. Thanks for playing with Di's Digi Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for entering our challenge at Createful Heart Design! Love the colors used for this card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Autumnal feel to your card. Thanks for joining us at CCT.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous card!!! Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
    Have a great day.
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card - I love your card design and the colours you've used. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Di's Digis.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great use of Washi tape - lovely fall colors for that background. I need to remember this - maybe make a dent in my stash of tape! I also like the white highlights for the sentiment. Thanks for joining the current fall/spring challenge at the Crafter's Cafe. Dorothy S, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card, and an inventive use for Washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great use of washi tape! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us in our Fall Challenge at Aud Sentiments
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lin! Beautiful card and so perfect for a birthday this time of year too. Thanks so much for joining my Fall Festival of Colors blog challenge. A winner will be chosen tonight ~ Good Luck :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a creative way to make the sentiment. The border stamp is a fun touch.

    Thank you for joining us at Fabrika Fantasy for our Autumn challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely card, its so simple and cute.
    Thankyou for joining us at Happy Little Stampers AG with Dies Challenge this month, we look forward to see more from you in the future too. All the best.
    Seemaa DT
    (https://icraftpaper.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  18. A great design- very original.

    Thanks for joining us at the Createful Heart Design Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails