Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 18 June 2018

CCM #214 Wet or Dry Embossing

Our challenge today at Crafty Cardmakers is Wet or Dry Embossing. You can enter any project you like, it doesn’t have to just be a card, as long as you have some wet or dry embossing on it somewhere.

I decided to go for both on my card.

214 Wet-Dry Embossing

My dry embossing is the white panel behind the die cut elements, it’s a Sue Wilson Pinpoint Embossing Folder called Cross Stitch.

My wet embossing is the flower design die cut. I stamped it in three different shades of Tonic Nuvo Inks, but because these dry fast and aren’t really suitable for embossing I decided to try to let those inks dry and them emboss over the top with versamark. Before the various stamping platforms were released (I have the Tim Holtz one), this would not really have been possible. But because I could leave my image exactly where it was and let it dry and then apply versamark to my stamp and restamp over the already coloured image it worked a treat. I was originally going to colour the flowers in but changed my mind as I liked the outline look instead.

The stamp has a matching die  and I used that to cut two green mirri shapes and then used the decorative element to that die to give a lovely lacey effect.

The centres of the dies are from Spellbinders, the two white centres, and the green mirri ones are from a Marianne die set.

The sentiment is, I think, Penny Black, but I couldn’t swear to it, lol.

I am entering this into:-

Allsorts - #472 Use At Least 2 Dies
Back To Basics and Beyond - #5 Heat Embossing
CCEE Stampers - #1824 Blooming Flowers
Color Throwdown - #497 (Couldn’t see that I had to use all four colours! If that’s not correct just delete me)
Crafty Calendar - June: Use 3 of Something
Creatalicious - #141 Anything Goes With Optional Flowers
Dragonfly Dreams - Anything Goes
Happy Little Stampers - June: Anything Goes With Dies
Heartful Stamping - Anything Goes + a Stamp
Just Add Ink - #413 Colour
Penny Black and More - June: In The Garden
The Crafty Addicts - #49 Say It With Flowers


TW BLOG Signature


12 comments:

  1. Great card Lin, loving the layout and your colour choice too. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours Lin. Love the card. Have a creative week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there, this is a beautifully designed card, the heat embossing is fabulous, love the gorgeous floral daily and it's colours. Thank you for joining the challenge at BBB and good luck, Kate x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colours great embossing. Thanks for joining BBB challenge. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so pretty, what a great card and love the combo of wet and dry embossing, Thansk for sharing on Back to Basics and Beyond, Hazelxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors and design. Thanks for joining us at HLS Anything Goes with Dies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful creation! Thank you for entering our challenge at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous colour palette and really effective design with the mandela stamps, thanks so much for joining us at Penny Black and More and Allsorts challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea to use the versamark to allow you to emboss the central element, wonderful combination of colours and layout, thank you for joining in at Crafty Calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great way to use doily stamps and I like the embossed background! Thanks for playing along with my heARTful stamping challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card, thank you for sharing your creativity over at Penny Black and more;-))m

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails