Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 19 June 2017

CCM #191 Here Comes Summer

Our challenge today at Crafty Cardmakers is 'Here Comes Summer’ although I am currently sitting in roasting hot temperatures and kind of wishing it wasn’t. The trouble with the UK over the last few years is that the weather is very bi-polar and it never seems to sit at one temperature long enough to acclimatise, so that when a burst of Summer happens, we can’t handle it!

Nothing says Summer to me quite like the heady scent of beautiful Summer flowers, and the buzzing of bees and flitting of insects.

Anyhow enough of my waffling.

191 Here Comes Summer

My card was made completely from scratch. The background is Distress Oxides, which I splashed some water onto to create the larger white patches. The more I used these Oxides the more I like them and hope Tim Holtz releases more colours soon! All the small white accents are a Signo white pen.

I then stamped various Paper Artsy Kay Carley stamps to form a sort of summer garden scene. These were coloured in with Koh-i-noor watercolour pencils.

The camera hasn’t picked it up but all the butterflies and dragonflies are coloured with Gansai Tambii starry colours, which have a lovely soft shimmer. I had to stamp the bees, because in my effort to give the edge of the card a nice black outline I slipped with my promarker and ran right across the butterfly I had stamped in the middle of the right hand side of the card. For once I couldn’t stick a butterfly on it as the black line ran right through it and out the other side! I stamped a smaller flower head and coloured that in and then put the bee on the top to cover up the fact that the centre of the flower was a butterfly!

I am entering this into:-

Addicted to Stamps - #150 Flowers
Artistic Stamper - June: Winged Things
Crafting By Designs - Things With Wings
Crea Chickys - #11 Flowers
Dare 2B Artzy - June: Summer
Di’s Digi Designs - Summer Days
Do-1(1) Creative - #6 Early Summer
Hanna And Friends - #275 Summer
Heartful Stamping - Monthly - Welcome Summer
Mod Squad - Make It Square
My Time to Craft - #348 Summertime
Noor Design - June: Summer
Paradise of Stamps - #57 Summer
Pink and Main - #22 Summer

TW BLOG Signature




18 comments:

  1. Love this it is adorable.

    Thank you for entering our ATG Challenge at Crafting by Designs https://craftingbydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/
    Regards
    Mel DT
    https://melgeecrafts.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your very pretty summery card and those oxides provide a lovely background...I am at present resisting them but all the good comments in blogland are making me think! Love the bees :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card! The white splashes on the background really make for a nice summer look along with the cute flowers. Very nice. Thanks so much for your entry this week to the Mod Squad Challenge.
    Barbara Challenge Host

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty
    Thanks for sharing at My Time To Craft x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. I like all the bees and butterflies.

    Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Do-Al(l) Kreatives and good luck! Hope you will join us next month again.

    Hugs
    Alex
    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#6 – Early summer}
    *DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {#38 – For a boy / man}
    Alex' Kreative Seite

    ReplyDelete
  6. You see it's never a mistake Lin, it's always an opportunity to do something a bit different. I'm struggling with this weather too. Sad cow that I am I'm actually looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow for the air-con lol.
    Sorry I haven't been of much use to the team just lately, I don't know where the days have gone to.
    Hope you are well. hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great summery card Lin, loving all the detail. Have a great crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty flower garden Lin. The colours are perfect. Have a creeative week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your gorgeous summery card Lin! The background is wonderful and I love all the details! Have a fabulous day! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I finally bought some floral PA images and this is just the inspiration I needed to get them inky. I have been procrastinating because it is not my usual style. I just love what you've done! So pretty! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty.
    Thanks for joining us over at Hanna & Friends, hope to see you again.
    Hugs Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful summer card! Thanks for joining us at Hanna& Friends
    hugs Line

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty card, love you summer flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome card. Wonderful creation! I love background and choice of colours! Stunning card,

    Thank you for always encouragement for me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card Lin, love the soft background and the pretty summer flowers, have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the depth of this card and the yellow background is perfect! Thanks for playing along with my Summer Fun heARTful stamping challenge. :) Congrats on making Top 3!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those flowers are so fun, awesome card!
    Thanks for entering the D2BA June Challenge! -Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty love it! Thanks for joining the Pink and Main Challenge DT Pam

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails