Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Tuesday 30 May 2017

DV #157 More Than One Fold

Our challenge for the next two weeks at Dream Valley is to create a card with more than one fold. We are sponsored both by All Dressed Up and by Oddball Art and we were lucky enough to get to choose an image from their fabulous ranges to play with. I went with Oddball Art and chose Sally and Charlie.

As you can see from my card below I saw this image and thought of the sea…. It wasn’t until I was colouring it I realised she was a fairy and Charlie had wings…. but ho hum. I like to think of it as fancy dress and a funky rubber swimming ring! At least that’s my excuse, lol

157 More Than One Fold 1

For my ‘more than one fold’ I started with a Spellbinders die that cuts a step card and cut the base from centura pearl. It’s a fabulous die and comes with all the toppers but I only wanted it for the base card and matting layer.

Next I stamped the background with MFT’s background stamp Whimsical Waves, with versamark and embossed it with white embossing powder. I then watercoloured it with the Prima Confections, Pastel Dream, selection, in various shades of green/blue.

157 More Than One Fold 2

I then cut them out with the layering die and matted them onto the base. Next I started on my image, and it was at this point I thought, heck that’s a fairy and a dragon! But hey ho I was committed now…. I coloured Sally with my copics and fussy cut her out.

The Turtle die I think is Memory Box, but I am not 100% sure. The other diecuts are from Marianne and come on one strip. I cut those out a couple of times.

157 More Than One Fold 3

I coloured them with copics and stuck them all down with foam pads. I finally added some bubbles with a cute little bubble stamp that comes on a mermaid set from Hunkydory. My favourite diecuts are those doody little Angel Fish and the Seahorses.

I am entering this into:-

Addicted To Stamps - #149 Animals
Addicted To Stamps and More - #243 Holiday
Chocolate Baroque - #35 Colour Challenge
Come and Get It - Nautical
Crafting From the Heart - #161 Anything Goes
Crafting With Dragonflies - #81 Animals
Crafty Friends - #58 Summer Colours
Crazy 4 Challenges - #387 Summer Destination
Cut It Up #122 Fun Folds
Hiding In My Craftroom - #302 Any Holiday (Summer)
Kitty Bee Aloha Friday - #95 Animals
My Creative Scoop - Color Inspiration Monthly #22
Pile It On - #130 Animal
Send a Smile 4 Kids - Bright Colours
Simply Create Too - #127 Must Use A Digi Stamp
Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - #85 B is for Beach

TW BLOG Signature

18 comments:

  1. She's a beauty! What a super card. Thanks for sharing your creativity with the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no reason fairies can't enjoy a swim! They may even be friends with mermaids, who knows?

    Your card turned out fantastic. I have never made that kind of "step" card, but I love how you put yours together to tell s story.

    Thanks for joining us for our Fun Folds challenge at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing- I love it. Thanks for submitting with Crazy 4 Challenges. Vicki- DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I love this x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhh fantastic step card!
    Love all the wee sea creatures!
    Thanks for getting beachy with the sisterhood of snarky stampers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card - the steps add real interest! It's a colourful, fun card which made me smile! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Crafting with Dragonflies. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A super card, and the idea behind it made me smile. Thanks for joining in with the Chocolate Baroque Challenge, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ssssuuuper fishy!Thanks for sharing this lovely card with us at Crafting with Dragonflies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, adorable! Thank you for sharing your creation with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful-love those fishes! Thanks for joining us at Kitty Bee Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is AMAZING! Thanks for playing along at Hiding In My Craft Room! Miranda DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is amazing!! Love how you've used every surface of the step card to enhance your design :) Thanks for playing along with us at Come and Get It this week!!
    Susan DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute!! Thanks for getting beachy with the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.

    Majo - DT ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a creative and fun card.
    Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps in our Animal challenge
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, so cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Chocolate Baroque Challenge this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorjuss card. Love your colours and all the little fishes are just super cute. Thanks for playing with us at Pile it On. Keti (DT)

    p.s. You should visit my blog, where I have o great Giveaway Announcment http://ketrinslittleprojects.blogspot.si/2017/06/sizzix-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning and fun card. Thank you for entering the Chocolate Baroque Challenge x.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails