Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 24 April 2017

CCM #187 Pearls and/or Gems

I’m back! Don’t expect anyone missed me.

Our challenge today at Crafty Cardmakers is Gems and/or Pearls. I went with just gems for my card.

187 Pearls Gems

I started with a sheet of Clarity paper from their Brighton Rock pad. I am so lacking in energy that even just stamping on that exhausted me. I would love to have made my own, I had all sorts of plans in mind but my lack of any get up and go put paid to that. Anyhow I stamped a large Carabelle stamp, Texture Soleil Levant, in versamark on the paper and embossed it in white. This is a lovely A4 stamp, but I only used about two thirds of it for this card.

The background mat is some pale green satin mirri, and I edged it with alcohol inks to almost match the lovely bird die cut, also from Carabelle, which I cut from an old coke can and then coloured with alcohol inks. I diecut the sentiment from the same green mirri as the mat and inked that also. The birds, although difficult to see in the photo, have little tiny gems for eyes, the same gems I used to scatter down the sun’s rays.

I am entering this into:-

2 Crafty Critter Crazies - #1 Anything Goes with a Critter
Connie Can Crop - #57 Reduce, Reuse, Recyle (coke can for the birds)
Crafting From the Heart - #156 Just For Fun
Crafts and Me - April: Things With Wings
Heart 2 Heart - All Creatures Great and Small
Heartful Stamping Challenge - April: Anything Goes and a Stamp
International Art and Soul - #6 Wings
Make My Monday - #44 Embossing Heat or Dry
Scrap n Challenge - April: Embossing
Sweet Stampers - #6 Animals
Wow Embossing Powders - April: My Favourite Embossing Technique

TW BLOG Signature

17 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!! I love that the birds are cut from metal - very unique! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Lin. Love the 'coke can' birds. Brilliant idea and looks amazing .. the colour is so rich and pretty. Stunning background too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is really great and looks so fantastic.
    Thanks a lot for joining us at our Animals / Tiere challenge by Sweet Stampers Challenge
    Good luck and hope to see you again.
    Hugs and greetings Angela DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Beautiful card, very creative use of your old Coke can the birds really make the card. Thank you for joining us at Connie Can Crop.

    Sue - Connie Can Crop DT
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. oWhat a fantastic card, great background.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers Challenge and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those birds are stunning, what a fantastic idea, I love your blog background too. Thank you for supporting International Art and Soul, I love seeing your creativity and imagination at work. We hope to see your inspiring talent again in the near future. Love ‘n’ hugs Sall, International Art and Soul DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous colors on those birds, Lin, and I love the sun burst! I'm so tickled that you chose to support our new challenge on the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies blog by playing along this month and I hope we're going to see lots of you in the future. :-D Wishing you the best of luck.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous work! I LOVE everything about this! Beautiful. I'm so glad you shared it with us at Connie Can Crop!
    Marji dt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card and great job with recycling. Thank you for joining us at Connie Can Crop. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Lin, totally love those birds and the sun like background. Hope you are feeling OK and things are well with you.
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the background.. Thanks for sharing with Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card love the sunburst and inked birds--Thank you for joining us at Crafting From The Heart
    Carol DT x
    we would also like to see you join us at A Inky Mess
    http://ainkymess.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/challenge-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I have always wanted to try to die cut with cans. Love the result. TFS and for joining us at Connie Can Crop challenge "recycled or reused". Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just saw that you won a DT favourite mention at Crafting from the Heart, congrats it really is a beautiful card!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up Glenda. That was a nice surprise.
      Lin x

      Delete
  15. wow! what a great card! and those birds are amazing! Thanks so much for sharing with us and entering in Connie Can Crop's monthly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what a fantastic card! The background is awesome!
    Thanks for sharing your work with us at the Sweet Stampers Challenge.
    Hugs Marlene

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails