Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 12 July 2010

Gorgeous new Molly Harrison Designs

Talk about greedy. I just finished the three cards below using the brand new Molly Harrison design stamps available exclusively from Crafts and Me , courtesy of Teresa.

The first one is Crimson Rose, and me being me, naturally I didn’t want to colour Molly Harrison Crimson Rose 1 Mainher in crimson! So she is in shades of lemon and her rose is in shades of purple, all coloured with my promarkers. I matted her onto some pretty paper that I have had sitting in a file for, dare I say it, several years! I edged the lemon mat with white lace ribbon, but after I had put everything  together I decided it was too white and set about tinting it with a memento inkpad whilst attached to the card. Dangerous or what! Hopefully I got away with it. MH CR Stamp 1

The next image is called ‘Hiding’ and this little darling I coloured in, apart from the flesh and hair which were promarkers, with sakura stardust pens. MH Hiding 1 Main She is sitting in my lounge right now and when the light catches the card in a certain way her wings are glowing, almost iridescently. Shame that the camera cannot capture that properly, or maybe I am just a rubbish photographer,  as her skirt also glows in the right light.MH Hiding Stamp 1 She is matted onto some ancient paper as well and mounted onto a turquoise card which I over stamped with a sweet little grass stamp and also with a flower bouquet one in the top left hand corner and I placed a flower to cover up where the stamped flower would be.

Finally to my favourite stamp of the lot and one I have longed to see in rubber since I spotted her on Molly’s website years ago and she is called ‘Eternity’ appropriate really as it seems an eternity since I first saw her.MH Eternity 1 Main

The temptation was to try and colour her as I originally saw her in Molly’s beautiful artwork but that was sort of cheating so I went for shades of lemon with pale blue and green wings and some stickles on her wings. Plus there is no point in trying to improve on perfection, especially when you are ill equipped to do so, as my dire colouring of the hill she is standing in front of shows, lol. I used distress inks in the background having masked over her. Gosh that hill really is bad. Looks like very badly mown grass that has had areas scalped off.MH Eternity Stamp

I placed her onto some paper that I bought with some Molly Harrison decoupage designs, which I could never bear to cut into before now. MH Eternity Flowers A few lovely prima and other flowers, some ribbon and glitter peel offs edging the octagon mat and floral mat (gosh rarely use peel offs these days) finished it off.

I have been glued to my craft room since the stamps appeared on Thursday and loved every moment of it!

Butterfly 2 Signature Lin

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards Lin, can see why you've been glued to the craft table! I especialy like the last one as the detail on the stamp is just gorgeous and you have coloured them all just beautifully I'm liking the new blog layout and no I aint complaining about the colour! (I can actually see it perfectly lol)
    Fi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy WOW< WOW< WOW Lin these cards are fantastical! Magical, Whimsical!! simply gorgeous!! you should be very proud of each & every one of these layouts and colors!! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails