Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 29 June 2020

CCM #260 Create Your Own Background

Our challenge today at Crafty Cardmakers is to create your own background. As usual you can enter anything you like as long as it follows this theme.

My piece is for my Art Journal and it’s a little glimpse into my brain during these difficult times!

I created the background by first smooshing some distress oxides in squeezed lemonade and dried marigold onto my page. When that was dry I dotted on some areas of contrast colour using bleeding art tissue paper. In this particular case I scrunched it up and made it wet and then pounced it onto the background. You can also tear it in random strips and lay it on your background before wetting, diecut it and lay those down before wetting. Well anything you can think of really!

I used various stamps to add even more mess in the background.

The hands are from Woodware which I stamped onto white stamping card and cut out then just stuck in place. The various statements are in my own terrible handwriting and you can see why I don’t normally use it. But it added to the messiness of the background!

I wanted the whole piece to represent the muddle in my head right now, as here in the UK, we are constantly getting conflicting advice from the Powers That Be. One minute we’re following the science and the next the Scientists are telling us they disagree with what decisions have been made. So my head is all of a muddle and I don’t know which way to turn which is what the hands all pointing in different directions represent. And the general messiness of the background is what it’s like to be in my thoughts!

Because it’s quite messy, the joined up writing (doesn’t that sound odd) says, Round and round and round we go, where the virus stops nobody knows. All the other block capital words are words that have been flung at us these last few months.

Anyhow enough of my confuddled thinking……… I am entering this into:-

613 Avenue Create – #234 Anything Goes, OT Blended Background
Arty Divas – #24 Anything Goes
Creative Fingers – #189 Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp – Wednesday Chall Anything Goes
Southern Girls – June Team Trace Anything Goes
Sweet Stampers – #45 Something Beginning with B – Background
Sweet Stampin’ – Create Your Own Background
The Corrosive Challenge – #6 Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown – #460 Anything Goes
We Love 2 Create – #7 Anything Mixed Media Goes

8 comments:

  1. Oh awesome card Lin,I love the COVID theme almost as much as the background. I might have to have a go at COVID card. The information swirls around and changes every few days. Confusions abounds,you are not alone believe me!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a perfect journal spread for what is going on in regards to the virus. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative and love the background colours and blending Thank you so much for joining in with us at 613 Avenue Create..hope you will play along again..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous background and love the hands.Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great art journal piece. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great background! Your colors are beautifully blended! Thanks for a awesome submission to our challenge at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every time I see things like this I want to start an Art Journal... lovely example, Lin!

    Stay safe... xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it - I hope putting it all down on paper helped to clear your mind - expressing ourselves through art can really help - thanks so much for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails