Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 22 January 2018

DV #171 Love

Our challenge today at Dream Valley is Love. The year goes so fast and Valentine’s Day is only just around the corner less than a month away already. Anyhow, we had some images from Paper Nest Dolls to play with and I chose Ellie with Heart Balloons.

DV 171 LoveI started with a blank 6” scalloped card and die cut into the centre of it a Tonic Verso Die from the Affections range called First Crush, which struck me as rather appropriate for the image. I printed Ellie onto watercolour card and coloured her with Albrecht Durer pencils. The glitter hearts are the ‘waste’ from a Memory Box heart shaped die full of tiny hearts. I stuck the same coloured glitter card to the back of the diecut areas. The small patterned mat is from Stamping Unicorn’s Butterfly Dreams paper pad. The sentiment die is from Alexandra Renke. I coloured it with spectrum sparkle pens to tone in with the glitter accents as I couldn’t think how to cut it from two different coloured glitter papers without it looking obvious. A|so it’s a very fine and delicate diecut and I wasn’t sure it would cope with rough glitter paper.

I am starting to worry that in my old age I have turned all girly. I don’t ususally use pinks, and this is my third card that has had this or a very similar shade of pink in it…. I must try harder to avoid pink next time around, lol

I am entering this into:-

Always Fun Challenges - #42 Wedding or Anniversary
Art Impressions - #224 Feel The Love
C.R.A.F.T. - #451 Love/Valentines
Cuttlebug Mania - Valentine’s Day
Everybody Art - #417 Butterfly Or Heart
Inspire. Create Challenges - #09 Love
Scrapbook & Cardmaking - #61 Valentine/Love
Tic, Tac, Toe - #31 Top to Bottom Right hand (light blue, heart, square

TW BLOG Signature

8 comments:

  1. Pretty card, I love the hearts down the side. Thank you for joining the CRAFT challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is gorgeous and so glad you have shared with us at the CRAFT challenge this week..x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pinks are great on this card! And the glitter really makes it! So happy you joined us this week at Tic Tac Toe Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the sparkles that show off this cute little girl! Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card. Thanks for joining us at Always Fun Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your take on this image, Lin, the non-trad Valentine colours are so pretty! The glittery die-cut heart is absolutely gorgeous, and the tiny glittery hearts look so pretty!

    (And I'm so pleased that you joined in at our CRAFT Challenge, too! You're not on my 'list' but I had to say thanks!!)

    love Maggie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Lin! Your heartfelt card is adorable! Great sparkle capture with the photography, too. I especially like the two colors of glitter in your frame around the heart! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lin, what a lovely combination of dies and the sweet girl, one just will believe the love sent with this card.

    Thank you very much for joining us at the bastel-traum Challenge.

    Hugs and good luck
    Claudia
    DT bastel-traum challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails