Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 15 January 2018

CCM #203 Bling’s The Thing

Our first challenge for 2018 over at Crafty Cardmakers is ‘Bling’s The Thing’. We would love to see any project you fancy provided it has lots of lovely bling, so that could be glitter, as I have done, gems, pearls, or any manner of sparkly thing you can think of.

203 Bling's The Thing

I must apologise for the slight blur on my photo. It’s a nightmare trying to get a photograph of glitter/mirri card, and I, of course, combined them both!!!

My die cut is brand new and from Tonic and is called Live the Life You Imagined, which is what I want to do this year with my crafting! In reality of course I’d like Michael Buble to come and whisk me off my feet, but that ain’t gonna happen so I will stick with making sure I craft regularly instead!!! Anyhow enough waffling, I die cut it from turquoise mirri card and stuck it down over silver glitter card. I inlaid/paper pieced seome embossed hot pink mirri card into the flowers, the butterfly’s wing and also picked out the word ‘you’ in the sentiment to make it pop out more.

The whole thing is matted onto more turquoise mirri and a 7” scalloped card.

I need to get the vacuum out now as my carpet is a combination of slivers of pink and turquoise mirri. Very pretty, but don’t want to tread it all around my bungalow.

I am entering this into:-

Alphabet Challenge - U for Use 3 of Something (3 colours)
Allsorts Challenge - #450 No Patterned Papers
Cut It Up - #139 New Year’s Resolutions (As per my sentiment)
Cute Card Thursday - #512 Something Nee (the die)
Daisy Chain Challenges - #15 Something New (the die)
Happy Little Stampers - Jan: Anything Goes With Dies
My Time to Craft - #362 Something New (the die)
Shopping Our Stash - #336 Out With the Old and In With the New (new die, old hot pink mirri card were scraps in a scrap file, about 10 years old!)
The Crafter’s Cafe - #188 Lots of Bling
Stampavie and More - #297 Something New (the die)

TW BLOG Signature

20 comments:

  1. Love your inlaid pieces and your color choices! Thanks for playing along with our first challenge of 2018 at My Time to Craft! Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Lin! I love all the sparkly paper and that die cut frame is so delicate and gorgeous!! Fabulous colour mix too! Wishing you and yours a Happy New Year!! hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous die!! I love the way the glimmer paper makes the die cut really pop!! The colors you chose look beautiful together.
    Thank you for playing along with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you join us again next time.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this card. The butterfly turned out really cool! I see that you embossed the hot pink paper. It turned out perfect! I love how the lines are perfectly straight. My eye went right to that butterfly!!

    Anyhow . . . Thanks for joining us for our New Year's Resolutions and Goals challenge at Cut it Up! Good luck with your goal!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card with sparkling and beautiful background.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a stunning card, bling as far as you can see, wonderful. The die looks amazing especially love how you have done the butterfly. Thank you for joining us at Daisy Chain and good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh do love your new die and the shimmer of your background. Hope you had a wonderful New Years and wishing you all the best in 2018!
    hugs
    glenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your bling Lin. Well done. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely sparkly card. So glad you joined us at the Crafters Café, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card, thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge for our ‘U is for Use 3’ Challenge, hope to see you again. Emma DT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful sentiment Lin.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, loving the 3 colours. Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz. DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card..Love the dies you have used..Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers - Anything goes with dies challenge. Hugsxx Deepti Aggarwal

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is an awesome card... I do understand how hard it is to get a picture of glitter or mirror-paper! ARGH! Thank you for playing in last weeks challenge, and if you are so inclined, you oughtta make another card similar to this and join at SOS again this week, where we are "Getting Sentimental"-- perfect for this focal die!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card and the die is fabulous! What great words of wisdom. Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my word, Lin, this is blingtastic! (Do you remember Smashy and Nicey, the DJs from The Harry Enfield Show? 'Blingtastic' is just the kind of thing they'd say! I loved that show!)

    Anyway, I think this is fabulous, the sentiment is inspiring!

    Thanks, also, for joining in at My Time to Craft - you're not on my 'list' but I always feel so pleased when someone I know joins in on one of 'my' Challenges!

    Take care!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Boss, fabulous card. Sorry it has taken me so long to stop by. Hope you are having a fabulous 2018.
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lin, hun, this is gorgeous, what a great die and such pretty sparkle! (Sorry if this is a second comment, I know I've seen this beauty before, maybe on Fbook?)

    Anyway, Thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful colours lovely dies.
    Thank you for joining us this month at the Happy Little Stampers AG with dies. All the best!!
    Hugs DT Seemaa
    (https://icraftpaper.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails