Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 26 January 2015

CCM 131 Combine Two or More Stamps by Masking

Our challenge at Crafty Cardmakers today and for the next two weeks is one of masking. We want you to combine two or more images/stamps, either digitally or the old traditional way with a separately stamped mask.

131 Combine Two Stamps

I have combined four stamps to make my card. I started with Riley (the prima doll stamp) and then masked her off and stamped first one wing and then the other. I then masked the wings off as well, whilst keeping the doll mask in place and stamped the background with a Justrite background stamp. I obviously could just have stamped the doll and cut her out, but I wanted to give the impression of dimension without it being too thick to go through the post at the lower postage rate!

I coloured the doll stamp in with copics.

I matted the stamped image onto some gorgeous self adhesive glitter vinyl, and that in turn onto some embossed brown cardstock. I glittered her wings, and added some shading around her to lift her off the background. A small metal corner and birthday sentiment finished it off.

I am entering this into:-

Amusing Challenge – Anything Goes
Digi Designs Challenge – Add Sparkle
Fantasy Stampers – #28 Fairy Nice
Fussy and Fancy – #131 Things With Wings
Jellypark Challenges – Bling It Up
Ink on My Fingers Sunday Stamper – #242 Wind Beneath My Wings
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends – #2 Anything Goes
Sister Act – #90 Anything Goes
Stamplorations – Jan: Stamps and Inks
The Stamping Boutique – Make Your Own Background

LIN W

10 comments:

  1. Great card, love the colour combo and simplicity of your design. Thanks for joining us over at Lil Patch of Crafting Friends, wish you luck and hope to see you for C#3.
    ~ Denise ~
    Owner {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the color of the papers you used and how you made the image pop. I really love the glitter on the wings it just adds the little extra to make a spectacular card. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful creations with us at Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends Challenge #2.

    Tamie DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty card, good colour choices and design. Thanks for joining us at Fantasy Stampers. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous card, such a gorgeous image and lovely bright colours.
    Thank you for joining us at Di's Digi Designs.
    Pauline
    x
    I have candy on my blog if you would like to take a look - http://craftingwithcotnob.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great masking on this angelic card.
    So pleased to see you over at Fantasy Stampers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely card :) I like the sparkle frame
    Thanks for playing along in the Sister Act Card Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito
    Stop by for my Birthday Candy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab use of your stamps, Lin resulting in a lovely design. Great to see you back at Fantasy Stampers for our 'Fairy Nice' challenge.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx
    http://jaybescraftybitz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Masking is a wonderful way of creating depth without adding chunky layers, great stamping! Love the card and sparkle. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations this month. Good Luck! Monika

    ReplyDelete
  9. She looks fab with her glittery wings... great card... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, thank you for sharing over at Jellypark Friends :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails