Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 28 January 2019

CCM #226 Add Some Texture

Our challenge at Crafty Cardmakers today, and hosted by Jackie is to Add Some Texture.

I started with a fairly plain patterned paper (from my stash, no idea whose it is!) and on that I stencilled through again (unknown) in orange shades a sun in the background. On the opposite side I stamped one of those multi layer trees where the canopy is separate so you can choose what season you want to make it.  The grasses etc. were just stamps in my stash.

The elephants are from a Sweet Poppy stencil, and I first stencilled through some distress inks and when it was dry I re-applied the stencil and went through with transparent texture paste so that it gave dimension whilst keeping the colour underneath. I then fussy cut them out and stuck them onto the card with pinflair glue gel. Not the world’s best cutting! I could have made a better job of the baby elephant’s trunk!

Men are so difficult to create for, and this was for my Son-in-Law.

I am entering this into:-

Aud Sentiments – #219 Anything Goes With a Sentiment
Cardz for Galz – #88 Dimensional Elements
Crafty Friends – #102 Animals/Birds
Creative Fingers – #156 Anything Goes
Creative Moments – #161 Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday – #566 Critters
Ike’s World – #116 A is For Animals
Pile It On – #150 Land and/or Water Animals
QKR Stampede – #332 Anything Goes
The Male Room – #103 Nature

14 comments:

  1. This is stunning! Love the elephants! The background is amazing & perfect for them. Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Lin! The background is fabulous and I really love the stencilling on the elephants .. looks so gorgeous!! Have a great day!! hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fab card. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful and creative!
    Thank you for participating at Ike's World Challenges.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing. Love the background and the elephants. Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday. Hugz Andrea.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and great stenciled details!
    Thanks for sharing your creations with us at Creative Fingers & good luck!
    ♥ DT Tindaloo
    PS: There is sweet blogcandy on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Lin and a great way to add the texture. Wishing you a happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that's lovely. Great background and gorgeous textured Ellies :-)
    Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Lin, and lots of lovely colour and texture.
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those elephants are gorgeous - such pretty colours and the gleam as the light catches them is fabulous.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very interesting card with the colors, textures and techniques. Thanks for joining us at the QKR Stampede Challenge this week. DT Kathy [myasperations.blogspot.com]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow this is amazing. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great masculine card! Thanks for sharing your work with The Male Room. I hope you'll be inspired by our next sketch too!
    Regards,
    Maja DT
    My blog: Rilcek in Kljuncek

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW. Your card is gorjuss. I love your colours and all the textures. Thank you for joining us at Pile it On january challenge. Hope to see you again. Keti (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails