Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 13 July 2015

CCM 143 Water

Our challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers this time is Water. We want to see your creations that involve water. They don’t have to be cards, any crafty project will qualify, just as long as there is some water on the project somewhere.

Water 1

Oh how I wish I could draw. I fell in love with the gorgeous Art Doll I used in my journal page as soon as I saw her. She is from a kit called Validation and is by Courtney Designs. I did trim off her wings as they got in the way of her falling tears. I also printed her twice, the first time was actually an accident cos I chopped one side of her head off, so I had a spare hair piece I could cut out to give her matching bows in her hair, instead of the single one on the original image. I also drew on her tears.

The page was created with Distress Stains which I dotted on my craft sheet and squirted with a water mist. Then I smooshed the paper through it. The bottom piece I did separately in Neocolor II crayons which I laid down and then blended with a paintbrush and water, and then tore off to add to the bottom of the page. You can’t really see in the photo, but when it was finished, I sprayed the river with a fine mist of water that I had added a tiny drop of pearlescent medium too so in fact the water sparkles a little like the sun shining on it.

The bulk of the stencils are from Crafters Workshop, apart from the text which was a Viva Decor one from Pinflair, the little shoals of fish are Sheena Douglass.

I created the title sentiment on my pc, and then stuck it on later. The white highlighter pen is a Molotow paint pen.

I am entering this into:-

2 Creative Chicks – #28 Anything Goes
ARTastic – July: Water
Decorate to Celebrate – #104 Anything Goes
Frilly and Funkie – Something To Say
Make My Monday – Anything But A Card
Mixed Media World – #5 Stencils
Not Just Cards – #22 Anything Goes
Pile It On – #77 Water/By The Water
Scrapbook Blessings Club – July: Anything Goes twist Watercolours
Patties Creations – #112 Make A Splash

LIN W

19 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Lin love the design and fab detail.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little card and I love your background. I am so sorry to say you have combined with too many challenges to be eligible for consideration of monthly prizes on ARTastic but thank you for joining in with us this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool page!
    Thank you for joining us at Decorate to Celebrate!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. Just love it! Thanks for playing along at Not Just Cards this month

    DT Lynda
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I do love how this has come together Lin. She looks positively angelic. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic background and colours. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Patties Creations.
    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. another beautiful canvas thank you for joining the dtc challenge. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is perfect for our challenge “Make a Splash” this week at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge!
    Hugs
    Pattie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is just gorgeous Lin. Your image is wonderful and the added detail of the tears is great. Your background is full of beautiful colours and textures and the fish swimming in the water is a fabulous touch. Sally.x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can see why you fell in love with this image, great touches with the stencils on your background. Thanks for sharing with us at Mixed Media World this month
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the beautiful layering - great 'lyric' - goes so well with the image. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Marina DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous! Great watercolor effect on the background. So many fun techniques and details. Thanks for sharing with us at SBC this month.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how you've matched that song title to a fantastic image and scene, Lin! Yes, I not only know the title, I can sing all the lyrics. Guess you know what generation has to claim me. :-D Thanks so much for honoring us by choosing to play in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Aud Sentiments this fortnight. Good luck and come play again.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooops, wrong DT hat! Thanks for playing at Pattie's Creations. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely! Love the colours you chose... Thanks for sharing your work with us this month, over at Patties Creations...Vic, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! just beautiful...Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fabulous! Gantastic colouring.
    Thank you for always encouraging me

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so lovely. Stumbled upon it at Not Just Cards and had to come over for a closer look. Beautiful!! I'm singing that Justin Timberlake song now after looking at this!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails