Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 10 November 2014

CCM 127 A Touch of Charm

Our current challenge at Crafty Cardmakers is A Touch of Charm, so basically as long as it has a charm attached/incorporated, that will be fine.

CCM 127 Touch of Charm

I finally got the Tim Holtz Layered Bee die and texture fade combination I have been lusting after for weeks! I die cut it from yellow Bazill card, and having run in through the texture fade embossing folder I coloured it’s thorax, stripes and legs with black copic pen. I added some soft orange to it’s wings to give dimension, but as I then added a layer of soft acetate, glittered with glamour dust you can’t see with the way the light hit the card that the wings have this additional colour! So I don’t really know why I just mentioned it, lol

The Beehive, honeycomb and the two shrink plastic bees on the hive are all from an Xcut die set called Bee Keeping, which was a perfect match for the Layered Bee die.

My paper is from Heartfelt Creations Sunflower pad, and my charm was plain silver, but I added a couple of copic shades so that it would more like the centre of the sunflower that was already on the paper.

I distressed around the edges of the paper and two mats, and stamped a few small bees that I got from Art Journey.

I am entering this into:-

Digi Designs – Colours of Autumn
Dragon’s Lair Designs – Autumn Colours
Fresh Brewed Designs – Nov: #1 Autumn Colours
Glitter n Sparkle – #110 Autumn Colours
Going Grey with Scrap Creations – Make It Sparkle
Meljen’s Designs – #235 Autumn Brights
OSAAT – #223 Anything Goes with Distressing
PDE Linky Party – Autumn Colours
Scrappy Hands – #25 Autumn Colours
Try It On Tuesday – Colours of Autumn

LIN W

15 comments:

  1. Love the bee theme and the honeycomb works so perfectly! Great beehive too! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Lin and great tip on colouring the charm. I wouldn't have thought of that! Lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Lin love the amazing detail.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful - so much detail all perfectly combined.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is really excellent. I love the gorgeous bee and beautiful details.
    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Mar x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Lyn, love the wonderful bee die cut and all the details. Thank you for joining our challenge at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so perfect for our ‘FALL COLOURS’ theme. Just love the colours and design. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Fresh Brewed Designs DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely autumn colours used for our challenge, great card. Thanks so much for joining us over at Meljen’s Design Team & Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you again.
    ~ Denise DT ~
    Meljen’s Designs Design Team & Challenge Blog
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}
    {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card!!! love how you have incorporated the charm!!!!!

    Thanks for joining our fortnight challenge here at Fresh Brewed Challenge. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I'm back with another DT hat on to say how fabulous this card is!!!

    Thanks for joining us at Meljen’s challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How awesome!!! I love the honeycomb die and the awesome bee! This card is very unique and interesting. Beautiful!

    Thank you for sharing and playing along with us at Freshly Brewed Challenges FALL COLORS Challenge.

    Smiles,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card - love that die...such a refreshing card...love it ALOT!

    Thanks for joining us in this weeks Challenge at Glitter N Sparkle "use Autum colours"
    Debby (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Such a fab card to cheer us all up and remind us of sunny days. Love the bees and the gorgeous HC paper too. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT. Jennie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice card, thank you for joining in with the Dragon's Lair Challenge and good luck, Vanessa DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow....amazing, love it....thank you for joining with us at the Dragons Lair Designs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails