Our challenge to you at Lexi’s Creations this time is ‘pink’ in recognition of the fact that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
My Mum was a breast cancer survivor of 25 years, but she acted quickly and was fortunate enough to only have a lumpectomy.
We are sponsored by and a lot of the team have used Priyanka’s lovely images for this challenge. I used a Saturated Canary freebie, thank you Krista, which I coloured with my copics, and trimmed out with a scalloped nestie. The glitter paper behind the image was trimmed out with another spellbinders die. This is particularly lovely glitter paper and I did not want to waste any so I gutted it by trimming a piece to fit behind my embossed bit and then placed the decorative die roughly central and cut my image mat from there. I do so hate the thought of lovely card like this going to waste behind something which you can’t see!
The embossing was made with the lovely Tied Together embossing folder. After I had embossed the card I realised I didn’t have any pink pearls to place in the crossing areas of the embossed design so I made my own. I dotted plain PVA glue into each join and let it dry for approximately half an hour, after it had enough of a skin so that I hoped it wouldn’t flatten I liberally dusted over with Cosmic Shimmer glue and left to dry. I was perhaps a little early as a couple of the dots did drop, but the rest hardened up a treat and looked lovely and pink and sparkly.
I did every dot on every join, but realised later that I really only needed to do those that were outside of the bright pink mat, so spent a lot of time creating dots you can’t see!
The hatpins and flower are from my stash, and I made the Breast Cancer ribbon with a small scrap of white seam binding which I died pink with the same DI that I used to shade around the outside of my image. It’s one of the limited edition ones called Picked Raspberry. Originally I had used Spun Sugar around the edge to just give a soft shade, but when I came in about 30 mins after edging the image the colour had changed from light pink to a sort of yellow! No idea if this was residual ink on my new Splodgeaway Mat or residual ink from the edge of the scalloped die! You can still just about see some yellow at the very edge of the embossed area surrounding the image!
I am entering this into the following challenges:-
A Gem of a Challenge – #56 For the Girls
C.R.A.F.T. – 174 Make Your Own Embellishments (Bow Posey)
Crafty Ribbons – #29 Anything But Square
Frosted Designs – Embossing
Kenny K’s Krafty Krew – #113 No Squares Allowed
Saturated Canary - #27 Anything From Your Office/Desk (pva glue to make glitter pearls)
That Crafting Place – Make Your Own Background (the tied together folder plus pva and glitter glue pearls)
The Outlawz Copic/Promarker Challenge – Anything Goes
Totally Gorjuss – #151 Punch and Die
Totally Papercrafts – #136 Pretty Pastels