Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Tuesday 5 April 2011

CCM 43 Recipe

Our challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers this week is a recipe challenge created by our lovely Dee and she would like you to:-

Use Yellow as your MAIN COLOUR

Add Ribbon

Use Stitching Faux or real

Use Rhinestones/Gems

We are kindly sponsored for this challenge by The Stampman who are offering the winner a £10 voucher for their store, you can spend this online, in the shop, or if you're lucky enough to see them, at a show!

They have a ton of items in store and one of their newest are their FRAMIE STAMPS which are designed to fit exactly into Nestabilites with many more coming in you need to check these out! imagePlease don’t forget our new Roolz and if you wish to combine your entry with other challenges can you limit this to 9 others (10 in total). Sadly those entries that do not meet this challenge will not be eligible for the above prize and we will not be able to comment on your creation no matter how lovely it might be.

CCM 43 Mainly Yellow WM

For my card I used a couple of digistamps from Make It Crafty to make a background, Ivy Swing and Daffodil Dell. I also resized a Mo Manning digi called Lacie so that she would fit on the swing. I love that you can fiddle around with digis and make something fit really easily.

I printed the background scene and Lacie onto watercolour paper and coloured them both in using Inktense Watercolour Pencils in various tones of yellow with some green for the grass and leaves, of course.

CCM 43 Image

I made myself a frame from the waste of a nestie shape in both lemon marble paper and plain yellow paper, the latter I cut slightly larger to form a border to my frame and stuck the whole lot onto some scalloped textured card from DCWV. There was not the right colour of yellow to match so I used a white one and colour toned it with Mustard Seed and Dried Marigold DI.

My stitches were made with a lovely stitching stamp which I had forgotten I had until Vix mentioned that she had this set of stamps with stitches – and there was I struggling with the ruddy sewing machine last week and all the while I had a small array of stitches to hand ready to stamp! I stamped this so that it went over the frame and background.

I made two floral embellishments with prima petals for the base, after I had tinged the edges with Dried Marigold DI, a length of sparkly ribbon tied in a bow and a daffodil from Wild Orchid Crafts which I changed the colour of the centre to match my image, using Dried Marigold again. Where would we be without good old S!r T!m and his Distress Inks…..

CCM 43 Embellishment 1

I added a couple of butterflies which I then stuck gems down the centres for their bodies and also a couple of dragonflies to finish it all off.

CCM 43 Gem 1

Now have you ever opened up one of those little pots of gems upside down! Twenty minutes later after I had separated them all and chased the dog to get back the ones she has picked up and ran off with and I was ready for a cuppa.

Speaking of the dog, grrrrr she has been in chew heaven this last few days. Firstly she chewed through the usb cable that connects my camera to the pc (thank heavens for my new all singing, all dancing printer that has a card reader incorporated, then she found herself a Paint Fusion card I had been working on for ages and chewed away both the top corners and just to add insult to injury I found her in the garden having a good chew on some St. Ives Swiss Formula Apricot Scrub, so I’m guessing her tummy is the cleanest and smoothest in town. Gooooooooooooo Poppy, do please go!! LOL

I’m entering this into the following:-

Colour Create Challenge Blog – Use Pastels

Craft Your Passion – Anything Goes

Crafts and Me – Use Yellow

Craft Us Crazy – Happy Easter and/or Spring (obviously I have gone with Spring)

Heart 2 Heart Challenges – Spring Has Sprung

Lexi’s Creations – Monochromatic (If you think there is too much green, please feel free to delete)

Paper Playtime – Anything Goes

Stampin’ B’s Design Team – Make a card using stamps to create a background and NO designer paper

The Crazy Challenge – Just Add Flowers

The Rubber Cafe – Spring Flowers

Catch you back here on Wednesday for The ABC Challenge

 

Butterfly 2 Signature Lin

31 comments:

  1. wow lin this is just gorgeous so very pretty would look beautiful in a frame on the wall too lovely to put away in a cupboard just stunning
    gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lin

    Wow, amazing card! Your colouring is fantastic! I love the way you used the negative of the die to create the frame. The flower that you made looks really pretty too.

    Thank you for sharing over at Make It Monday and for really getting in to the spirit of the linky party.

    Michelle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so pretty - I love your different shades of yellow and I like the idea of a stamp image that fits inside a nestability! Thanks for playing along with Colour Create!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is a stunning card! I love the soft colours and the different digi stamps to create the scene!

    Thanks for joining us at Craft Us Crazy for our Spring/Easter challenge!

    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, as always! And I love those little flowers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. simply stunning hun, love it

    hugs
    Judie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful spring card! Thanks for joining us at H2H this week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty. Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! The frame works so well, and the image combination is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card.Love the scene you've created and framed so beautifully.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is so pretty! A beautiful image :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. very nice ! thank you for joining us on craftyourpassion's challenge
    blog. Good luck !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful coloring! Coloring is something I need to practice on and I just envy how good you are at it. :)

    Saw your work at Make It Monday and I'm thanking you for sharing it with us. Hope to see more of your work.

    Hugs,
    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Incredible card!! Thanks for joining us at H2H, but keep in mind, H2H is a Close To My Heart challenge blog so to be eligible for prizes, you must include CTMH products.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just loved this card when I saw it on Make it Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW...this is a stunning card. So much detail. I love the look of watercoloring. You just pulled everything together perfectly for this masterpiece!!Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion this week for our Anything Goes Challenge. We hope to see you again on Monday for our next challenge. XX Barbara GDT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty card! Thanks for sharing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE this! It is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lin, you have a lovely style of cardmaking, and this one is so gorgeous. that yellow shade is so soft and pretty too. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, what a beautful card, just love those flowers and your colouring is superb! Thanks for joining the challenge at Lexi's Creations this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the oft yellow color. great card. Thank you for joining us at Craft Us Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lin this is an absolutely gorgeous card. The yellow is so fresh and frames the image really well. I love the flower and ribbon ensembles and of course the flutterbies. Really pretty card :)

    Love Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card! In order to be eligible for prizes, H2H challenges must include Close To My Heart products!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Lin, Brilliant card, I love your blog site, this is Carole S who has just started on the Dream Valley challenges. Re the lacy circle on my Baby card, it is a paper doyly, I bought some off E-bay, they have quite a lot of different ones, this one is designed to go with Tilda but I used it over a round rough card cut out which I coloured with 2 shades of promarkers, so the colour came through, can not remember the site but doylies should get it. love Carole

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Lin

    Just noticed you made top 3 at the Crazy Challenge with this card and just had to pop by and say how much I love it. You have made a beautiful scene with all the digis and love those stitch stamps can you tell me where to find them??
    Have a great day hun.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  27. what a fab spring image she looks so happy

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a pretty card, Lin. I love your sweet image and the flowers are beautiful. A real touch of Spring.
    I had to laugh at Poppy's antics although I'm sure you weren't when she chewed your hard work!!
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a lovely card! Love the flowers, coloring, stamp etc, the whole combination is great! Greetings from Spain,

    DT member for Lexi´s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lin this card is gorgeous as was your card on LC. It was racy and beautiful! I loved your coloring. This one, the flowers are precious and the image is so adorable. I love the reverse die cut! You are very gifted!!!! Love for the new year, samara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails