Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Friday 25 September 2009

Buzzy Colours


Cute Card Thursday's challenge this week is entitled 'Buzz Off', in other words use the colours black and yellow.

I have had this little Cuddly Buddly stamp for ages and not used her yet, but she popped into my head when I looked at the gorgeous DT cards that were displayed.
I have coloured her in with prismas and OMS. I trimmed round the stamp because I thought she would pop better against a black background. I hate trimmimg up my stamps after they are coloured because a couple of times I have ruined an hour or so's work by chopping some vital bit off. She is matted onto a couple of different monochrome papers from my stash and some embossed and distressed core'dinations card. I love that core'dinations card you can match it to almost anything as there are so many colours to choose from. I made a ribbon with the MS Doily Lace punch and some nice sheer printed ribbon, a couple of flowers layered and a yellow ladybird completed the look.

I tried several times to photograph the card but the yellow seemed to be insipid anywhere other than laid down on the landing windowsill. The sun was shining really brightly though so it threw shadows on the card.

Lin

4 comments:

  1. fabulous card, the punched trim looks very effective and she is great cut around, well worth the risk of cutting off a bit! Many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabby card and love how you coloured the cute CB girl! thanks for joining in the fun with us at CCT this week.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there

    What a brilliant card. This is a lovely colour combo. Great image too.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya lin,love this card the colours are fab! xx jo xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails